Mabel's designs 2025

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Serinde »

Nice! Seems like a very versatile design.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It is rather - here's one I did in silk with embellishments on ultrasuede, as a little travel project. I think I'll be making a fair few variations of this because they'll make quite nice cards for all sorts of occasions, or presents is finished as brooch/fridge magnet.

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A few more heart variations:

Image

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Serinde »

Nice!
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Not much stitching (too much going on for me to do anything that needs concentration), but I did manage some finishing - three cards, and I laced Llandrindod.

Image

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A replacement demonstration model as one of the three I always take to workshops went walkies when I taught the Quatrefoil at the Knitting & Stitching Show last year.

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Nicola Main
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: Carnoustie, Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Nicola Main »

Wow it really pops on the red fabric Mabel! Love Llandrindod that is stunning!
Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Another Precious Heart variation, started during the Austin Seven Club workshop, on green faux suede. It uses more colours of passing and purl than the kit, but I wanted to try something different.

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Serinde »

Nice!
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A little tulip with some blingy touches. My original idea was to couch the gold in the colour it was next to, but that didn't look right (FoF to follow) so just couched in yellow. The picture taken at an angle shows the gold up more.

Image

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Serinde »

Love the way you experiment.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It makes a relatively quick but rather festive birthday card!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Was going to do homework last Sunday but Eldest and DIL came round for a chat and a cuppa and stayed until the light was beginning to go (the weather being awful), so I worked on a design for a class I'm planning:

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Serinde »

Was just reading an article about the moon, so this design looks like a sun and moon having a little dance with the stars to me. Whatever -- I'm intrigued to see where this ends up.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

oooh I like that idea! At the moment it's got the provisional name of Paisley Flower but I may think of a more, erm, cosmic name now :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by geekishly »

It’s quite lovely!
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Saturday was a Certificate day class, about which more later, but it means not much other stitching time. Instead I'm trying to tidy up all the part-projects and designs I've got lying around, and finish some small projects like the Dorset button - and also "finish" things, so I turned the little tulip I did a while ago into a card:

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Serinde »

Perfect!

Have I asked you where you get cards these days?

And another question: if I'm going to embroider a "pocket" in linen, I'm presuming I need another fabric underneath. Suggestions about what linen and what fabric would be very welcome. (This is for my stitching group: we are doing "pockets" as the group project, based on an excellent talk by a civil war reenactment group member.)
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I got these from PDA Card & Craft. Because I buy in bulk I last got them about two-and-a-half years ago so I haven't checked them out recently. I will need to as I'm running out of some - I hope the price increase won't be too shocking *gulp*.

Never having made a pocket I'm not sure I'm the person to advise! Linen is strong so the finest linen you can get away with for the embroidery I'd say, with possibly a calico backing/lining. There is someone on my RSN FB group who does reenactments and makes her own clothing for that i think, I'll see if she has any suggestions.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Mabel's designs 2025

Post by geekishly »

It looks lovely as a card!

I’ve recently come into a stash of cardstock, so I’m thinking of making my own custom cards for my stitching, but I should probably look into local places that sell premade ones if my attempts fail.
- Luca
Post Reply