Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
calico
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by calico »

Wow! I don't know how I've missed your updates but your work is always so impressive! Those French knots are something to be proud of....and the band sampler in the needlebook is AMAZING!
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

Fantastic french knots :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Oriettait »

Great french knots! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Squirrel »

:D :applesauce: :applesauce: very elegant and even french knots - well done Carole its great to see this one again. :dance: :dance:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
fiddler
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: East Yorkshire U K

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by fiddler »

Well done on all those french knots. I never seem to get them right. :applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I got the next part of the LHN mystery SAL, Song of the Seasons, last week. It's huge compared to other SALs that I've done and much more than I could stitch in a week. It's quite nicely divided into vertical sections though - three of them, so I'm going to call them 2a, 2b, and 2c and do them as separate bits through the month. I'm hoping it won't seem quite so big that way.

This is part 2a, which is the right side section.

Image

I think it's going to look lovely when it's all finished but it's so odd working on something when you don't know what it's going to look like.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely! That section by itself is a very pretty piece of work! I have never stitched anything that I didn't have a picture of and think it must be strange, but how cool when you see a pumpkin or a snowman appearing. Are the other two sections directly under this one? It is going to be a large piece then, isn't it?

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :applesauce: What a beautiful stitch!!! I can't wait to see the next part of it! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

That is awesome I love the colors and of course there is a snowman!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

They're side by side Carole. On the left is a section similar to that one but with Spring/Summer, I think. The middle is different but about the same size. I've no idea what's going beneath in part three. It'll be almost as large as part two so another interesting month to come :)

Thought you'd like the snowman Rose. He is rather cute with his wee hat :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by fccs »

I love that little snowman! And your stitching is beautiful.

I've never done a mystery SAL...sounds like a lot of fun!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
socialsue
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by socialsue »

I like the snowman too! Very cute design!

socialsue :D
Nimble stitch
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm
Location: Crewe, England

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Nimble stitch »

fccs wrote:I love that little snowman! And your stitching is beautiful.

I've never done a mystery SAL...sounds like a lot of fun!!
I agree :applesauce: :applesauce:
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Oriettait »

great stitching! can't wait to see the next part :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Just catching up with all your projects Carole - they are amazing! Loving the LHN mystery - I could never do a mystery design, I'm way too much of a control freak! Great to see ToS back again - your French knots are perfect and I love your needlebook :wub: !
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I haven't done much sewing lately but I did manage to finish off this a couple of weeks ago. It's just taken me a while to get around to putting it on my blog so I could link it here.

Image

It's not really that wonky at the bottom. Honest. It just looks that way in the photo.

June's is almost finished too. I just need to tweak it a bit.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful finish. I love the fabric that you have chosen for this. Perfect!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:applesauce: That came out really great! Wonderful work! :wub:
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

Very nice!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

:wub: :wub: :wub: perfect finishing Carole!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Post Reply