Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
calico
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by calico »

Wonderful stitching! :wub:
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: A lovely way to finish off your lovely houses and the fabric is just right for it. Lovely work. :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Nimble stitch
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm
Location: Crewe, England

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Nimble stitch »

Well done! Great colours :applesauce:
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
User avatar
msufly
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Louisiana, US

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by msufly »

Love the LHN mystery SAL and the finish for your May cottage looks great! Can't wait to see more!
Kim


WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
User avatar
TracyG
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Elgin, Illinois, U.S.

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by TracyG »

I just adore those cottages! I would love to do them...whose the designer?
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
User avatar
TracyG
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Elgin, Illinois, U.S.

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by TracyG »

Never mind...I just found out that my LNS has them all - guess I need to plan a trip, maybe to celebrate the kids going back to school!! :)
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
caitief
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 pm
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by caitief »

Such a great finish! So lovely!
WIP:

Mickey and Minnie holding hands
Alphabet
Starry Night w/Tardis

To start

A dalmatian
Parents dog
Minnie Thumper Dumbo

http://pinterest.com/caitiefl/charts-i-want-to-stitch/
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I have been horribly AWOL from the forums for a few weeks. I've had a bit of a 'mare with the migraines so have done very little stitching and even less surfing. I'm hoping the worst of it is over now so I can come back and catch up with you all but in the meantime, here's one I prepared earlier - as they say :wink:

I just had to tweak this one a bit to finish it off so it didn't take much and I needed some blog-fodder. I'm quite chuffed with the fabric used on it. I really like how it goes with the colours in the stitching. Half-way now and hopefully the second half will get done a little faster as I've been doing some prep on them.

Image

Thanks for looking :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I love it!!! Great to see you and nice to see your finished projects too!! I love the way you've finished this one!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

That looks just beautiful!!!!!!! :wub:

I hope that those migraines go away soon!!!!!! :bandaid:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely! The fabric is just perfect! Hope your migraines go away and stay away.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by bookknurd »

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the next one. :)
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
kiwirach
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by kiwirach »

Hi Carole, thanks to your blog i found this forum yesterday!!. :D

i had a good look at all your work last night, via the blog rather than this thread and i just love 'round the world in 80 days'. i've looked at it a few times with a view to buying, and now, having seen your finished piece i think i will go for it!.

i think your stitching is great and i look forward to seeing your progress as you work on pieces.

oh!, and i chuckled when i read how you stitch infront of the GP! - i do my best creative work in front of sport on the tv!, and GP is one of my favs as well. (team Button & Webber for me however!)
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you found your way over here :)

Around the World is a nice one, especially for a book lover, but there are a few errors in the chart so beware.

I love that LHN project you're working on at the moment and I've just been admiring all your Christmas stitch stash that you posted on your blog. Nice snowmen :)

Nice to find another GP fan and I've nothing against Webber & Button ending up on that podium. Just as long as Hamilton is on the top step :wink:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by fccs »

I love the June design and I hope the stitchy bug kicks the migraine bug's bum.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by LadyS »

Beautiful! :wub:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
Juut
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Juut »

great finish!
Current Wip:
Cut Thru Stable - Bothy Threads
Autumn Fairy - Joan Elliott
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I've finished the middle bit of part two of the LHN mystery SAL. I'm keen to crack on and get the left side of it done now, especially as part three arrived on Saturday :shock:

I'm going to do a bit on a couple of other things first though and then go back to it. So many projects, so little time...

Image
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by meerkat »

:wub: beautiful stitching. Hope your migraines are behind you now and you don't have a recurrance for a long long time.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

Oh that is very cute!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Post Reply