HAED:LOTR - 7/29/12 - ON HOLD
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
Very cute choices for in-betweens! As for the url thing, you can hit the url button on the header and then in the first bracket you enter the link. I'll show you with spaces so it doesn't make a link.
[ u r l = link] text [/url]
Hope that helps! And great start on Burden!
[ u r l = link] text [/url]
Hope that helps! And great start on Burden!
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
thank you. I will try that the next time I have a link to something. probably my next new HAED 
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update
I said I was going to wait until I had completed the first page to post progess, but I decided some encouragement would keep me going. I have actually done another column and 1/2 so I'm a bit further along now. I am finding that it is in some ways easy right now because I get into a rhythm and it is going quicker than I expected. The gridding is also coming along. I do it as I go and right now the vertical lines aren't that important. Would you believe there are actually 9 stitches of a different color on this page now?
3371 of course. I haven't figured out why they are there though.

I am going to start the HAED QS Cats after completing page 1 of this design so that I get a break from "black,black,black" for a while.
Carole

3371 of course. I haven't figured out why they are there though.

I am going to start the HAED QS Cats after completing page 1 of this design so that I get a break from "black,black,black" for a while.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
great progress but I do NOT blame you at all for wanting a break from all of that black 
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- Mrs Milkybar Kid
- Posts: 4402
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
- Location: Cornwall,UK
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Excellent progress and perseverance Carole! I think it's a good idea to give yourself a reward of a new start after page 1!
Amanda
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Wow! You've got a lot done. I suppose you could always leave those few 3371 stitches out, it may not make any difference. Does his hair start in that page? That may be why there are a few browns there.
Having your other QS to go to should help relieve the "blackness".
It's so light and cheery.
Having your other QS to go to should help relieve the "blackness".
- YoungStitcher
- Posts: 728
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:21 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Awesome design.
It'll look great when its finished. All the black would bore me. lol
It'll look great when its finished. All the black would bore me. lol
Current WIP
Arise on the Wings of Your Dreams
Twilight Bridge
Nativity Scene
Finished Projects
Lily
Santa's Flight
Pirate Queen
Scotland Map
Arise on the Wings of Your Dreams
Twilight Bridge
Nativity Scene
Finished Projects
Lily
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Great progress

Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Wow so much black!!!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
you've done such a lot already! I can see why you're wondering about the 9 stitches of 3371 -- will anyone notice them? i know odd stitches can sometimes make a great difference, but here I'd be very tempted to just do them in black.... 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
The reason it is so weird is that the 3371 is in the very first row I stitched. The first 3 stitches in the pattern and then in the first row column 8 there are 6 stitches, which might be Frodo's hair. Otherwise i think I would have followed the suggestion to just do black, like every other stitch on the page. Which is why the next HAED is mostly light colors, I think. And the one I plan on after that will be bright colors.
I do think that one reason I have stitched so quickly is that it really doesn't require much to do this and in its own way is kind of relaxing, if that makes any sense. But I will be glad when page 1 is completed.
Carole

I do think that one reason I have stitched so quickly is that it really doesn't require much to do this and in its own way is kind of relaxing, if that makes any sense. But I will be glad when page 1 is completed.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Nachstenliebe
- Posts: 12466
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
I think having an additional piece on the go with lots of colors might keep the balance of things in check... It's a sad day when 3371 stirs excitement in a color change lol
Faith
Faith
Faith
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
_______________________________
Starry Night
My Smallish Stitches
HAED Merry Christmas to all
http://ninjasinstitches.wordpress.com/
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Wow, you've made a lot of progress. At this rate you'll hit color in no time.
mechie
mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
One thing about the endless black is that you make progress quickly 
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Great progress! I totally agree that having a second or third project to switch to when you're absolutely bored with black is a great idea. I have my insect (almost finished) and Serenity WIPs going, a bookmark for my son (also almost finished), and a HAED I started but haven't put in this forum yet (wanted to finish a page first). I rotate them a lot, as I found that if I don't have different things going on I can lose the 'bug' easily, and I don't want that at all! 
Looking forward to seeing more, as well as pics of your QS.
Looking forward to seeing more, as well as pics of your QS.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank
WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)
http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)
http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Nachstenliebe wrote:It's a sad day when 3371 stirs excitement in a color change lol![]()
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Mabel Figworthy wrote:Nachstenliebe wrote:It's a sad day when 3371 stirs excitement in a color change lol![]()
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Looking good and I bet your looking forward to the next colour coming in!!!
- Fljotsdale
- Posts: 4251
- Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
Stunning project!
And well done with all that black! I'd like to do a LOTR cross stitch myself - but I'm not sure I could bear to do so much black and red. You are a brave girl!
Never gridded, myself. I did try once, on a linen, too, but it seemed far more trouble than it was worth - did I ever mention how lazy I am? - and I manage fine without. Just have to be a bit careful with counting...
Mind you, I haven't done any of my HAEDs yet...
Never gridded, myself. I did try once, on a linen, too, but it seemed far more trouble than it was worth - did I ever mention how lazy I am? - and I manage fine without. Just have to be a bit careful with counting...
Mind you, I haven't done any of my HAEDs yet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Watch Leonard and the young singer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"
Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
- sillypants124
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:08 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/13/11 update
This is a great progress I can not wait to see more. I love "Lord Of the Rings".