Castles in the Air - SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

Very Nice!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Kezzy
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Kezzy »

I am so disappointed that my camera has decided to pack up :cry: so I have tried to scan it. It's not a great image plus I have never used photobucket before but hopefully you can sort of see how far I've got.

I'm doing the speciality stitches but as the image is not at all clear, the different stitches aren't showing up. At the moment there aren't any beads, I have decided to put these all on at the end as I don't want them getting in the way of my frame when sewing the other parts of the pattern.

I hope to get a better image up when camera fixed :x:

Image
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Even so Kezzy you can see how well it's coming on, the colours are like jewels, beautifully rich!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

:applesauce: :applesauce: C-F and Kezzy!
Both are doing really well.

Kezzy, I hope you can get a clear picture of the stitches for us to see soon, but in the meanwhile at least we can see the great progress you're making. :D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
K1nS
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by K1nS »

Lovely work :applesauce:
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Very pretty CF and Kezzy :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: good job on the specialty stitches!! i hadn't thought about the beads getting in the way as i stitch other parts :doh: ah well..i'll have to work around it i suppose..lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Busy_B
Posts: 6920
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: Indiana USA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Busy_B »

coffee_freak wrote:[not sure what happened to my last photos..maybe a webshots glitch..the others are no longer in my album :(
I think it's something with webshots. My albums only have the square with the red x in them. Hopefully it will be worked out soon.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
User avatar
Lizzieh
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Lizzieh »

Oh!! I'm trying to be so good and doing a set amount of the Phoenix Fairy each day before I'm allowed to pick this one up again so have done no more since I put the photo on here but this is making me want to break my own rules! :cry:
Liz


WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

Kezzy that is looking so good. The colors are so vibrant and it will be a real treat when you can get a clear picture. Wonderful, wonderful!!!!! :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by agi »

These are really beautiful, so colourful and vibrant! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by RosemaryH »

Absolutely loving these projects.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

i'm loving it too..i would never stitch something like this if it weren't for you all here...and i'm loving stitching it!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Slinky »

Beautiful work!! It's going to be fascinating to watch these develop

:applesauce: :applesauce:
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
User avatar
Jilly
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Slap bang in the middle of Wales

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Jilly »

They are beautiful :applesauce: :applesauce:
Kezzy
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Kezzy »

i'm loving it too..i would never stitch something like this if it weren't for you all here...and i'm loving stitching it
That is the only reason I am doing this. I would never have even known about the Papillon Creations if it wasn't for joining this forum and I love the fact that everyone shares in the progress be it by also doing the SAL or by watching from the "magic bench". :wub:
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

I know i'm updating a lot..but not only do I LOOOVE stitching this..
I'm trying to get more of you to.. :lol:

Image
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
K1nS
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by K1nS »

Lovely :applesauce:
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Beoooootiful, CF. :applesauce:
I will get around to it one day :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Lisa »

great work ladies :wub:

hmm i think I may get this and put it in my stash :thinks:
Post Reply