Page 4 of 45

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 am
by poppy
I hope that you are on the mend, Mabel! :hug:
Wow, your snowman is gorgeous. The scarf is knitted gold :D. It looks amazing!!! :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 pm
by karen4bells
Nicola Main wrote:He's fabulous I love him! :applesauce: That scarf is just brilliant! Now rest your hand for a little while ;)
Wow!!!!!! I agree!! Simply amazing!!!! Hope you are recovering well from both your fall and the stitching!!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:21 pm
by Serinde
Mabel, that Frostie is just the thing. So clever with your use of texture and colours (within the pallete). :dance: :dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 pm
by brightflowers
How I love that gorgeous snowman, fantastic work. Amazing what stitches you know to put where. I need guidance all the way through!

Look forward to seeing more of your designs & beautiful stitches. :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
brightflowers wrote:mazing what stitches you know to put where
That's the joy of doing your own designs Jo - you can put anything anywhere and no-one can tell you it's wrong :-D

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:20 pm
by brightflowers
Well put Mabel

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:13 am
by vanessanjf
Absolutely gorgeous. Well done on another wonderful project :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:47 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Not the easiest way to do goldwork...

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:40 pm
by Sahari
Cat and snowman in hoop: if that isn't a perfect picture I don't know what!

And the sunflower is swoon-worthy, though I found myself wishing it had a bumblebee. :wink:

You're an inspiration, Mabel.

Sahari

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:55 pm
by Squirrel
Well you are sitting down and knees are for cats to lie on aren't they? :) I am sure that you managed very well Mabel.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 am
by wendywombat
:wub: Lexi!! She knows where to keep cool......After all Forever Frostie is a Cool Chap and we all know that cold air drops!! @rotfl: @rotfl:

:snowman: Looking really nice now!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:13 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
When showing Frosty to Sarah Homfray at the stitching retreat, she suggested he would look less "floaty" with a line of something to stand on. I decided on a line either side of him rather than a single line underneath him, and after experimenting with single lines of rococco or twist, decided that it needed both :-)

Image

So here he is, really really finished now (and properly "finished" too, which is quite rare for me!), and ready to have his instructions written.

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:42 pm
by richardandtracy
That looks quite remarkable. Anchors him, adds interest and adds a technique. Good all round.

Regards,

Richard.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:18 am
by Squirrel
NOW he looks REALLY FINISHED. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:34 am
by Garnet
Well now Lexi just had to get in on the act, he is your supervisor isn't he?

Is that your new seat stand? If so it looks like it's doing a fine job.

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Forever Frosty is totally fabulous :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: are the threads anchoring him to the ground from your new stash?

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: wonderful to see him all finished and so perfect :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Now, just in case you haven't got enough to do, is there going to be a Mrs Froever Frosty ? and where are we on a Penguin? :thinks: :x:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:55 am
by Podolyanka
I love this work to bits. Very well done, Mabel.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:17 am
by Serinde
Guess that's why professionals are... professionals! Such a simple idea has made a big difference, as Richard says. I don't envy you writing up instructions, though. I always forget something basic, because I don't think about it... I just do it. Again, guess that separates the amateurs from the pros!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:01 am
by Nicola Main
Now he is just fantastic! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:13 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Garnet, I don't think there will be a Mrs - it would be too like him and I'd like to try something different. The penguin might well turn up some time though :-) ! Mind you, I've got a parasol-and-unbrella pair lined up and they, of course, are also rather similar... I hope I don't run out of steam after the first one :-)

And as you say the Sonata seat stand is doing a great job! I have ordered a table clamp as well, as a treat and to have something that may be easier to take to stitching group. I'll report back.

Serinde, even when instructions have been written and printed I do sometimes have to go back and add or change things; but on the whole I thing I've got the "basics" worked out now for most of the techniques, so they get transferred from instructions to instructions :-) . The goldwork ones are rather a new departure, but fortunately I can take a lot from the Flower & Bee workshop/kit.

Yes, it is the little things - I did try to make even this little thing my own, though :-) by using two lines curving upwards rather than one line underneath him. But is was great to have their feedback, especially as most of it was so positive :-)

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:14 am
by wendywombat
He is Perfect! :snowman:
I always find your instructions very clear and easy to understand. :stars: I would never have tried anything like the SoTW unless I'd already done some of your Hardanger designs before.