A new thread, as the old one reached 50 pages (I can't remember why it was recommended not to let them get beyond that, but I sseem to remember there was a reason for it )
As a start, my most recent finish - and then on to new projects!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
I have not yet commented on this in your old thread, but will do so now.
It's such a beautiful piece, I love the sheen of the silks and how densely you have stitched it. Absolutely gorgeous!
The sunflower is absolutely gorgeous and well worth the amount of time and work and love the you put into it.
Mabel Figworthy wrote:A new thread, as the old one reached 50 pages (I can't remember why it was recommended not to let them get beyond that, but I sseem to remember there was a reason for it )
Yes and I don't exactly remember why but has something to do, I think, with the size of the file, but I don't want to be quoted about that. Do you want me to lock the thread? Your threads are a treasure of beauty and creativity that I don't want to lose.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
yes. locked means it is still available but no one can post to it. Makes it a little easier if someone wants to comment on one of your early designs after reading through the thread. I imagine that newer members might be interested in the journey you take to create some of your designs. I know I would.
And if I'm wrong it is easy for one of us to undo it.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
rcperryls wrote:yes. locked means it is still available but no one can post to it. Makes it a little easier if someone wants to comment on one of your early designs after reading through the thread. I imagine that newer members might be interested in the journey you take to create some of your designs. I know I would.
And if I'm wrong it is easy for one of us to undo it.
Carole
I'm pretty sure you are correct about the info, Carole. Beautiful finish Mabel!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
I love the strokes, like a paintbrush would do, on the petals and in a similar way the circles in the heart. It is truly beautiful, Mabel!
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
"Opus Anglicanum" or "English work" generally combines split stitch and goldwork, so strictly speaking it isn't - but the use of split and stem stitch is part of that style as well, so you might call it my practice piece . I'm really pleased with the effect of the split stitch spireal, and I'll definitely use that again!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
As usual I took a stitching bag on our weekend away, and as so often happens I didn't get a stitch done Still, I've made a bit of progress on the Mabel pouch, and I've made a start on a small experimental project that is meant to get me back into Hardanger again!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Lovely designs, noticed them while perusing for a few months. Wonderful colours on the M. Great stitching, love he variety you always do in colours as well as stitches
The pouch is going to be VERY colourful - I picked an Anchor Multicolor perle to outline each letter (in stem stitch), and then two shades of stranded cotton to go with each of them for the line stitches inside. So each letter will be a different colour combination. The idea of filling the letters with line stitches came from seeing someone do a line sampler in the shape of a heart - so why not letters ?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits