Page 31 of 45

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:25 am
by fccs
I like the bright blue. The other colors and bright and bold and this just fits right in. It’s a gorgeous design.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:45 am
by Squirrel
It fits just right and looks fabulous but please = where did those months go to? He will be 1 yr old before I can turn around twice. :)

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:08 am
by Mabel Figworthy
He celebrated his first birthday on 8th August, and he's walking :shock: !

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:15 am
by wendywombat
What a handsome lad! He looks great in your hand stitched gift. *Clappity-clap*!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:08 pm
by Podolyanka
That stitching looks like it was born together with the shirt it is on. I mean the stitching fits and matches perfectly. Secondly, as far as I can see, the cushion behind Teddy- the one with bees- was also stitched by Oma, was it not?

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:20 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Alas no - I wish it was!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:51 pm
by rcperryls
Serinde wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:07 pm Perfect! :baby:
Absolutely!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:36 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Have started a second rainbow, and transferred and kitted up a third, to show different sizes and thread choices, but here is the original one in Splendor silk, and the cloud buttonhole-frilled in Rainbow Gallery Angora. Just the words to do on this one!

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 am
by Squirrel
FABULOUS :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:17 am
by Serinde
It's beautiful, Mabel, especially with all those different stitches in the rainbow. I am slightly troubled that violet was left out, though... but partial rainbows are allowed! :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:28 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Sorry about the violet, Serinde. It was hard enough getting six shades in :-) and in some ways I was rather going by the rainbow as I used to draw it when I was little - I seemed to find an satisfying symmetry in using the three primary colours and the three secondary ones.

By the way, you might be interested in this video, which explains that a) there is no purple in the rainbow; b) why it sometimes looks like there is; and c) what Newton meant by "blue" and "violet" (sky blue and dark blue, apparently :-) )

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:07 pm
by rcperryls
Squirrel wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 am FABULOUS :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Couldn't say it any better!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:49 pm
by wendywombat
The cloud really sets this off nicely. :applesauce:
I love the textures and sheen of the colours. :dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:58 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
The floche one is quite a bit smaller (though you can't tell that from the pic) and much more matt than the silk - this one is meant for an elderly friend who has been mostly isolating.
(The third version will be medium-sized, on denim-coloued quilting cotton, using Sulky threads.)

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Here is the third version kitted up:

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:02 am
by Squirrel
Version 2 is coming along very well and in lovely bright colours. I love the threads chosen for the next version too. A great design to send out to friends in this crazy mad time.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:36 am
by Podolyanka
To me Version One is the best. But then I am no expert in this sort of embroidery. Happy stitching, Mabel!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:17 pm
by rcperryls
I don't know that I like any version any better than the other! I do know that your stitching is truly perfect!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:28 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Progress on the floche version:

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:54 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance: