Page 34 of 45

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:34 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
It looks like the rainbows have been snapped up for publication, which means unfortunately I can't put them on the website until after the mag is no longer in the shops - but I couldn't resist, it's nice to see yourself in print :-)

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:57 pm
by Garnet
Ooooh huge CONGRATULATIONS :whoop: :balloons: :whoop:

Our Mabel is in print again

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :D

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:08 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Not until March, IF it happens, but thank you :-)

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:19 am
by Serinde
Mabel, you're developing a design reputation! :dance: :dance: "Hope" you won't forget us when you're famous! :lol:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:37 pm
by rcperryls
:whoop: :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: :whoop: :whoop:
Congratulations! The rainbow designs are absolutely worth being published. I agree you are well on the way of becoming famous (if you aren't already there, which I think you probably are). Drinks and treats in the S&G!!!! To think we knew you when......

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:43 pm
by wendywombat
Oh well done! :stars: :stars: :toast:
Your designs are always simple but meaningful. That's what makes them so special. :wub:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:23 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Thanks all - and Carole, party in the S & G sounds just what I need at the moment; I'll have my usual hot choc and marshmallows!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:09 am
by Squirrel
How lovely to see them all together - definitely a sight of beauty. with needle and thread. They really area work of art. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:15 am
by Mabel Figworthy
The teeny-weeniest one in a card:

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:34 am
by Garnet
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous :wub: it

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 pm
by Serinde
Perfect! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:38 pm
by Squirrel
another Masterpiece. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:08 am
by fccs
Beautiful!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:26 am
by Wise Owl
That’s great news Mabel! Which magazine do you get published in?

And that rainbow card is absolutely gorgeous!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:51 am
by Mabel Figworthy
So far it's been Stitch (the Embroiderers' Guild magazine); I contacted the new mag Love Embroidery earlier in the year but they'd just paused publication because of lockdown, I may try them again as I think they've re-started!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:38 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
I'd given two of the rainbows away but the magazine will need stitched models to photograph so here is a re-stitched chunky mini (I am NOT going to do another floche version!) finished in a red flexi-hoop. I did the fold-in-the-fabric-and-hold-it-down-with-an-insert finish, and this time I used a foam core insert which was almost impossible to cut but does work really well :-) (pic of insert in place after the more attractive front)

Image

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:44 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Emergency rainbow required! A young girl at church is facing a rather miserable 9th birthday next weekend; her mother had already tried to prepare her for a very minimalist affair, but now it looks like she won't be able to see even her one very favouritest cousin on the day. So her mother asked on FB whether people culd send her a birthday card, so she'd have lots to open and feel at least a bit festive. I checked with her mum to make sure I had her age right and adapted the rainbow. Should be able to get this done over the weekend!

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:40 am
by Squirrel
What a fabulous idea Mable. It is going to be treasured I am sure. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm
by rcperryls
Squirrel wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:40 am What a fabulous idea Mable. It is going to be treasured I am sure. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
I agree! This is going to make that little girl's birthday extra special with this very personnel keepsake!!!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:29 pm
by Serinde
Mabel, that is so thoughtful! And a lovely variation.