Page 36 of 45

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:12 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Here is Noah's card! I want to make a few changes to the design, but on the whole I'm really pleased with how it came out :-)

Image

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:28 pm
by wendywombat
I just absolutely love this!
Such a simple clever design.
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:22 pm
by Podolyanka
I also love it and cant help marvelling at your creativity.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 pm
by Squirrel
Fabulous :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:53 am
by Serinde
Another hit! Spot on. :P

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:46 pm
by fccs
Another fabulous finish!

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:56 pm
by rcperryls
Ditto to all of the above posts!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:00 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Card has been delivered and appreciated :-)

Now I'm working with my tweaked design, stitching it in two sizes and experimenting with ways of stitching the cloud. This is the start of the small version with the cloud in fluffy stem stitch:

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:28 am
by wendywombat
I like the fluffy cloud. :applesauce: :applesauce: Clouds should be fluffy I think! :D
What thread is that?

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:44 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Rainbow Gallery (how appropriate :-) ) Wisper. I used it on some of the Hope designs too. They also do a thicker version called Angora.

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:12 pm
by rcperryls
wendywombat wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:28 am I like the fluffy cloud. :applesauce: :applesauce: Clouds should be fluffy I think! :D
I agree and the thread choice is perfect!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:20 pm
by Squirrel
That is a real cutie and I am sure it will be appreciated. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:53 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Noah's Celebration Ark (tweaked), small version:

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:08 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce:

I love the giraffes!! Perfectly adorable!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:39 am
by Squirrel
amd the heffilump aka elephant makes them a fabulous pair. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:19 pm
by Sandz27
I love your Noah's ark card design😊 beautiful...

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Third and last Noah's Ark before I start writing the instructions - finished except that i want to stitch a name in the cloud in this version, and I'd like it to be a girl's name. At the moment I'm between "Jill" (Noah's gran, our friend) and "Katie" (Evelyn's gran, also our friend, whose name consists of nice straight letters!)

Image

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:07 pm
by Squirrel
It's looking really fabulous Mabel. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:46 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:

Re: Mabel's designs

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:30 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Remember the birthday card I did for Clara who had her 9th birthday during the second lockdown? Well, her brother will soon have his 7th birthday during this third lockdown, so their mum has asked people to send him birthday cards as well. He likes dinosaurs, which are so very much not my thing, but fortunately also sea creatures, so:

Meet Septimus the Septopus!

Well, for now he is just a design, but I'm hoping to stitch him with lots of textured threads :-) . The 7 in bubbles is going to be either beads or sequins, I haven't decided yet.

Image