I applied for a job

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: I applied for a job

Post by meerkat »

Great news Agi, and great that you have other options to explore.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Serinde »

The interview certainly went well, didn't it? And I think it's good he's had other interviewees so that you have had a bit of time to think about options, too, since you have other irons in the fire, from the sounds of it. Hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to do. :angel:
User avatar
hanma
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by hanma »

How exciting!! :dance: Is it the one in West End? Fingers crossed! :shamrock:
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Nachstenliebe »

I think this forum is a good introduction course to all that amazing goodies for stitching. If he stumped you on anything I hardly think it was something of value :wink: I can't wait to hear if you got the job or not! :shamrock:
Faith
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: I applied for a job

Post by agi »

Yes, Hanma, it is the one in Westend. :)

And.... he called me on Friday to say "let's give it a try" :lol: :lol: :lol: I said I need to think about it a bit more, and will give an answer tomorrow (on Tuesday).
I had to discuss our plans with Stephen, and think carefully about money. We really want me to go to Sweden but it doesn't seem likely in the very near future, so it would be good to have a job until then.
On the other hand, I will still have to do some evening course teaching, I need more money - so I decided to accept only if the timetable can be arranged so that I can have two fixed days off every week. Since it is only 15 days a month it should be OK but I don't know yet. Will know more tomorrow. Please, one more day of crossed finger for me :D :D

Also, will report about Stephen's visit, my stitching and knitting but too sad and tired right now - he just left. :( And I am going to do some serious catching up here, too.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: I applied for a job

Post by karen4bells »

Sounds great so far Agi--fingers crossed for it all to work out for you :hug:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: I applied for a job

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Hope it all works out for you Agi. It sounds a wonderful job, doing something you enjoy.
:)
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Congratulations on the offer -- hope they can make it work with the days off!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: I applied for a job

Post by mags »

:x: :x: :x:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Serinde »

Fantastic you got an offer. I'm sure you both can come to some arrangement that will satisfy everyone's requirements. Don't feel too sad about Stephen leaving... he'll just have to come back again! :P And with the school off your back, you'll be amazed how much better you are going to feel. :shamrock: :shamrock:
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:dance: Hopefully things can be situated where it all will work out..
Faith
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: I applied for a job

Post by agi »

Alas, no luck. :(
The other colleague, who I would have to share the work with, has two small children, and her husband works a very hectic schedule, so it is different days every week. And she has been there for years, which means, the new person has to accommodate to her needs.
That means, I wouldn't be able to do any extra work, and that money is just not enough. So with bleeding heart, I had to say no. :(
Well, I am still on sick leave, so that is at least something, and they cannot sack me from school, so that is better than nothing.
Sooner or later something will turn up. I am not despaired. It looked too good to be true :)
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Well it might be for the best in the long run.. something tells me you would never walk out of there with your paycheck in tact :thinks:
Faith
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Serinde »

No way to change the teaching days, I suppose?
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: I applied for a job

Post by agi »

The language school where I teach has courses on Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays. But they cannot employ me if I am free one week on Monday and Tuesday, the other week on Thursday and Friday... it just doesn't work. Same with the private students. They have busy schedules in the afternoons: school clubs, sports training, other private courses, so they need to have one fix time. :(
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Serinde »

No, I can see how difficult it would be. If only this had come up before the beginning of the academic year, then perhaps other arrangements might have been possible. Hey, ho.

On the bright side, though: you have had a successful interview and been offered a job you would have enjoyed and which, in theory, might have fit around your extra teaching commitments. If there's one job like that, then there must be others!
User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: I applied for a job

Post by meerkat »

I'm sorry this did not work out Agi. I agree with Serinde about your successful interview, it is exactly what we are saying to our son regarding interviews at the moment as he wants to change jobs. He had a boost by getting an interview this week. I hope that your job search will be fruitful soon.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
minij
Posts: 3086
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: I applied for a job

Post by minij »

That is a shame Agi but perhaps it's for the best and as others have said you were offered this job so I am sure something better will come along :D
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: I applied for a job

Post by ~threadbear~ »

It's a shame, but you never know, sometimes things work out when you least expect it.
You obviously impressed them, so if you impressed them, like everyone says, maybe something else will come up for you.
Hope so!
:hug:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Cecilia
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: England

Re: I applied for a job

Post by Cecilia »

So sorry that the job offer didn't work out. Hopefully something else will turn up and it will work out for the best in the long run. :shamrock:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Post Reply