2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

I can see why!
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

I can see why too!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

This is a kind of pre-emptive stash acquisition: there's a sale on at Paper and String. While they don't carry the full colour line, because they are only interested in matching their felt colours, all DMC threads are 76p. All the other types of DMC threads can be found on the site if you follow Crafty/Needlecrafts. The site itself is well worth a look around -- I often find things in my basket here... and the current sale is on fabric and all sorts of stuff!
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by wendywombat »

Nope...not tempted!
Reason?? I don't have DMC floss only Anchor.

Well that's my excuse. :lol:
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by fccs »

I recently bought patterns to crochet these two little guys. The bison is because (1) I like them and (2) there's a bison ranch up the highway just across the border into Wyoming and I'd always see them when I was driving up to my kids' house. The coo is because (1) I like them and (2) I like them. :D

bison
Image

coo
Image

(I probably shouldn't have shown what they're supposed to look like because odds are mine will NOT look like these.)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

These are great fun!
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by wendywombat »

Serinde wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:44 am These are great fun!
:wub: :wub: :wub:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

They are both adorable, enjoy making them!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:06 pm They are both adorable, enjoy making them!
:whoop:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Steam.Jo »

I'm a Bad Girl, a very Bad girl..... I have made it to July and this time I have no excuses. I saw a Heaven and Earth kit on Fleabay for Nadia Strelkina's Seasons

Image

and I :shock: hit the buy it now button. I need to do some housework as penance :oops:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

that would have been a very hard one to pass by. I have way too many H&D designs that I couldn't pass up. Another reason I need my very very AWOL stitchy bug back home now!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Have just signed up for a self-paced online RSN course Introduction to Box Making (and also ordered the tutor's book, just for good measure). These are fabric-covered and embellished boxes made from mountboard/mat board, not wooden ones.

I fell in love with a much more advanced kit but thought that might be courting disaster, and I wouldn't want to end up with a wonky box. Moreover, the present one is RSN-themed and fairly expensive, but the designer/tutor is going to bring out a similar box with a non-RSN theme through her own website which is likely to be more affordable!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

I can't wait to see you creating a beautiful box. Is your current RSN course (canvas) the last one for a certificate that you will be doing?

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

No, one more after this, Silk Shading (which has to be a flower or vegetable with at least one leaf or petal turn). Then on to the Diploma, if I choose, starting with Appliqué, which is compulsory. The other compulsory one is Blackwork (because I picked Canvas for the Certificate - you have to do both), and then there are lots of optional modules from which you pick four. Box making is one of them.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:22 am Have just signed up for a self-paced online RSN course Introduction to Box Making (and also ordered the tutor's book, just for good measure). These are fabric-covered and embellished boxes made from mountboard/mat board, not wooden ones.
I have the book, and was tempted by the course. I wasn't sure, though, whether you just signed up, paid and started, or whether there was an actual starting date for the course. Does she have a website, or just an Etsy shop (which seems to be closed)?

I was also tempted by some of the big pieces at Thistle Threads, but they are all well beyond any budget I have.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Her Etsy shop is not very up to date, but I've been in touch via the RSN and her FB page.

The course is what is known as "self-paced", which means there are several recorded lessons which you watch whenever you're ready. I though it was a bit naughty that you have to watch them within a year (why the time limit), but you can ask for an extension if you want it. Anyway, the idea is that you do it completely at your own pace, with a FB group for comments etc, amd I think you can contact Heather with questions as well.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

Don't do FB, but that doesn't particularly matter, I guess. Will give it some thought.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The kit for my Introduction to Box Making course arrived last Friday, not looking very healthy... Fortunately the contents were OK apart from one slight crease *phew*, I've posted pictures of the lovelies inside in my Other Stitching thread.

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

This is so tempting (not the damaged container, the course)! I have various box-things that I've almost completed stitching, but the construction is scary. I should have a Good Read of Heather's book, I guess. Also dig out my curved needle, which, frankly, I have problems holding. Is that a thing?
Post Reply