Garden of Miracles - Companion Finished 03/18/13

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Garden of Miracles - Companion Finished 03/18/13

Post by LadyS »

Last new WIP I posted a topic on was my first HAED, Starry Starry Night, but when I started I was missing 4 colors and figured it'd be ok, but since the entire work is confetti, and tiny, I'm already having a bit of trouble locating the few stitches missing, so I ordered the remaining 4 colors today and put the Starry Night on hold till it arrives.

I've noticed it's going to be a painfully slow progress as the confetti is much much worse than I expected and it seems I'm not moving anywhere with all the tiny stitches scattered all over. So I decided to start more longish term projects (other than my monthly SAL which are quick and only take one or two days out of the month to do) to help me feel like real progress is being made.

The first of these is Leisure Arts "Garden of Miracles", from a leaflet I got on sale on 1-2-3 Stitch. I've started on the first one, and this project is interesting to me 'cus I haven't worked on evenweave since I was a little girl (my HAED is on Lugana but since it's over one, doesn't really feel like working on evenweave), and I'm doing this on 28 ct. Jobelan, which feels very different from working on my usual 14 ct. Aida.

Finished project should look like this.

Image

Edit: I'll post the first progress picture probably by tomorrow.
Last edited by LadyS on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: beautiful design. Can't wait to see your first update :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by rcperryls »

That is going to be so pretty. A bird and a garden together. Looking forward to your first update.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by Squirrel »

That is such a pretty design and I am sure you will enjoy stitching it too.

Sorry to read about the problems with your other piece but waiting for the extra threads is the best idea. Saves all that hunting around later on.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

What a lovely design - Jobelan is one of my favourite fabrics, I love working on it! I can empathise with you on Starry Night! I'm doing Skitzzzz's chart but the confetti is still there! It is definately becoming a SWIP, but I just tell myself that each stitch is still progress, it is disheartening though when you love a design so much you just want it stitched already!

Look forward to seeing your updates on this one!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by meerkat »

I :wub: this design. Looking forward to seeing your progress :camera: :)
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
Raine
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by Raine »

What a nice design!
My blog: http://ravelldsleave.blogspot.com/

Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Oh dear.. my starry night is riddled with confetti in the stars, so I can't blame you one bit for needing something to relax you when you stitch :wink: Good luck with this design.. it will be gorgeous when it's completed
Faith
milkmaid
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 am
Location: western isles scotland

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Post by milkmaid »

it's a lovely design
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA) - Updated 08/14/11

Post by LadyS »

As promised, here's the first update with just a bit of the watering can done.

Image
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: very nice start! Looks like you are doing great on the evenweave :) :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by LadyS »

So far the only issue with the evenweave is that's harder to count my way to stitches in the middle of a non stitched area, so I'm having to work only on adjacent areas and park my thread instead. :oops:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by Rose »

Wonderful start!!!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: great start. I'm doing my first evenweave also and it does take some getting used to. I'm working mine in columns and gridding for the first time so the counting is a bit easier. You ae doing a good job. This is going to be a lovely piece.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by LadyS »

I'm finding it odd that in the picture some rows look a bit squashed, and crossed the wrong way, not sure if it's the lighting (or lack thereof) but the real deal looks more even.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by rcperryls »

I think its the shading or lighting on the photo. I have noticed that sometimes with the ones that I take and end up taking several different pictures sometimes. I think what you have done is looking very good.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by Fizzbw »

:applesauce: lovely!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
Lili
Posts: 2322
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by Lili »

lovely project! nice start! :applesauce:
Blog
Happy Stitching,
Lili
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good start to a lovely design!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Post Reply