Page 1 of 9

Garden of Miracles - Companion Finished 03/18/13

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:09 am
by LadyS
Last new WIP I posted a topic on was my first HAED, Starry Starry Night, but when I started I was missing 4 colors and figured it'd be ok, but since the entire work is confetti, and tiny, I'm already having a bit of trouble locating the few stitches missing, so I ordered the remaining 4 colors today and put the Starry Night on hold till it arrives.

I've noticed it's going to be a painfully slow progress as the confetti is much much worse than I expected and it seems I'm not moving anywhere with all the tiny stitches scattered all over. So I decided to start more longish term projects (other than my monthly SAL which are quick and only take one or two days out of the month to do) to help me feel like real progress is being made.

The first of these is Leisure Arts "Garden of Miracles", from a leaflet I got on sale on 1-2-3 Stitch. I've started on the first one, and this project is interesting to me 'cus I haven't worked on evenweave since I was a little girl (my HAED is on Lugana but since it's over one, doesn't really feel like working on evenweave), and I'm doing this on 28 ct. Jobelan, which feels very different from working on my usual 14 ct. Aida.

Finished project should look like this.

Image

Edit: I'll post the first progress picture probably by tomorrow.

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:07 am
by karen4bells
:wub: beautiful design. Can't wait to see your first update :dance:

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:56 am
by rcperryls
That is going to be so pretty. A bird and a garden together. Looking forward to your first update.

Carole
:D

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:22 am
by Squirrel
That is such a pretty design and I am sure you will enjoy stitching it too.

Sorry to read about the problems with your other piece but waiting for the extra threads is the best idea. Saves all that hunting around later on.

Sally

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:40 am
by Mrs Milkybar Kid
What a lovely design - Jobelan is one of my favourite fabrics, I love working on it! I can empathise with you on Starry Night! I'm doing Skitzzzz's chart but the confetti is still there! It is definately becoming a SWIP, but I just tell myself that each stitch is still progress, it is disheartening though when you love a design so much you just want it stitched already!

Look forward to seeing your updates on this one!

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm
by meerkat
I :wub: this design. Looking forward to seeing your progress :camera: :)

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:56 pm
by Raine
What a nice design!

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:07 pm
by Nachstenliebe
Oh dear.. my starry night is riddled with confetti in the stars, so I can't blame you one bit for needing something to relax you when you stitch :wink: Good luck with this design.. it will be gorgeous when it's completed
Faith

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:09 pm
by milkmaid
it's a lovely design

Re: Garden of Miracles (LA) - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:07 am
by LadyS
As promised, here's the first update with just a bit of the watering can done.

Image

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 am
by karen4bells
:applesauce: very nice start! Looks like you are doing great on the evenweave :) :dance:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 am
by LadyS
So far the only issue with the evenweave is that's harder to count my way to stitches in the middle of a non stitched area, so I'm having to work only on adjacent areas and park my thread instead. :oops:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 am
by Rose
Wonderful start!!!!!!! :applesauce:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 am
by rcperryls
:applesauce: great start. I'm doing my first evenweave also and it does take some getting used to. I'm working mine in columns and gridding for the first time so the counting is a bit easier. You ae doing a good job. This is going to be a lovely piece.

Carole
:D

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:18 am
by LadyS
I'm finding it odd that in the picture some rows look a bit squashed, and crossed the wrong way, not sure if it's the lighting (or lack thereof) but the real deal looks more even.

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 am
by rcperryls
I think its the shading or lighting on the photo. I have noticed that sometimes with the ones that I take and end up taking several different pictures sometimes. I think what you have done is looking very good.

Carole
:D

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 am
by Fizzbw
:applesauce: lovely!

Niki xxx

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:34 pm
by Lili
lovely project! nice start! :applesauce:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Good start to a lovely design!

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 08/14/11

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm
by Nachstenliebe
Great start! :applesauce:
Faith