Coniferous Forest,Fractals 100 & 257, Done and Done

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
stitchnsew
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:18 pm
Location: Blaine, Minnesota,USA
Contact:

Coniferous Forest,Fractals 100 & 257, Done and Done

Post by stitchnsew »

I got the first set of rotations done, 2 weeks apiece on 3 projects. The first one is coniferous forest. Here is what it is supposed to look like.Image Here is what I have done.Image
2 pages out of 36, and just starting on the 3rd page.This is done on 25ct lugana, 1x1 full crosses. I'm quite satisfied with the coverage; I like the small ct for a scenery picture, but I don't think I'd want to go any smaller for absolute perfect coverage. Just too tiny to deal with then. I always start at the lower left corner of the picture/graph.
The next is fractal 100.Image And this is how far I got.Image The scissors in the pictures is for perspective. I'm almost done with the 2nd page, of 28 pages. This is done on 20ct lugana, 2x1. I think this is my new favorite fabric when using 2 threads of floss--very nice coverage, not too bulky, easy to see.
And my last is fractal 257Image And I've gotten this far.Image
Also not quite done with 2 pages out of 28 pages. This is done on 18 ct aida, 2x1
Here is a picture of all my floss for all 3.Image About 180 colors, with 60 bags on each hoop, in numerical order. So the floss just stays sitting by my sewing chair, and I just switch out the chart and project every 2 weeks.
I don't park or grid, just count really carefully.
Last edited by stitchnsew on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 am, edited 11 times in total.
WIP
It's About Time-HAED, Ciro Marchetti
Sanctuary of Knowledge-HAED, Randall Spangler
Little Cake Shop-HAED, Aimee Stewart
Coming To Room SS MC-HAED, Jan Krasney
Everything So Beautiful-HAED, Alan Giana
A Stitch In Time-Aimee Stewart
Eden- Andy Russell
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Rose »

All of those are amazing patterns and your work is so uniformed!!!!!! Very impressive!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful projects! The fractals are so colorful! Your stitching is so very neat and precise!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Squirrel »

Beautiful projects and the colours on the fractals are so gorgeous. I used to have the chart for the lower one but gave it away as I have far too much stash to ever get through it.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Gorgeous stitching - love those fractals! :wub: :wub:
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
BizzieLizzie
Posts: 2029
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by BizzieLizzie »

They all look gorgeous!! I'll be watching your Coniferous Forest with interest - I'm doing mine from the top left corner and it will be interesting to see what the bottom half will look like when I finally get round to it! :lol:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Each one of these is beautiful. The fractals are amazing designs and I love the forest. I am looking forward to each one's updates.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by vanessanjf »

They are all gorgeous!! I really couldn't say which one I like best :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Great projects!!! The last has always been one of my favorite fractals :wub:
Faith
crafterglen
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by crafterglen »

Now there are two of you doing Coniferous Forest and I hope soon to be three! I absolutely love your fractals, they are amazing, do you enjoy stitching them? As for your stitching - I think it is the neatest I have ever seen, how do you do it? Not many folk start at the bottom left of their work, I always start at the bottom right. You will both be streets ahead of me when I get round to starting.
Happy Stitching
Glen x
User avatar
ucladoc
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by ucladoc »

Those are looking amazing! I think fractal 100 is my favorite.
2014 projects:

Country store: almost done
Walt Disney World's Epcot: just starting
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by LadyS »

Your work is perfect! Amazing really! :applesauce: :applesauce:

I love Coniferous Forest! :wub: :wub:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
msufly
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Louisiana, US

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by msufly »

Wonderful work! I really like the second fractal - gorgeous! I'm sure the forest will be amazing when it's done too. :D
Kim


WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
User avatar
Genghiscon
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:59 am
Location: St. Paul, AB, Canada

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Genghiscon »

I've never seen fractals as patterns! What a great idea! Beautiful work!
I drank what? - Socrates

WIPs
Antique Map 5
Tinkerbell Afghan
Disney/Looney Tunes Character Christmas Afghan
VanGogh's Starry Night over the Rhone *paused*


Completed 2011
"Zombies Only Want You For Your Brains"
User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Fizzbw »

Wonderful! They are all so lovely.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
stitchnsew
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:18 pm
Location: Blaine, Minnesota,USA
Contact:

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by stitchnsew »

Thanks for all the comments and compliments.
Glen x- It will be fun to see Coniferous Forest started from a third perspective. As for where I start, bottom left, I think I've always made my crosses different from how most of the instruction books show it to be done.\\\ top to bottom, then/// top to bottom coming back, so it seemed natural to work my way up, and seemed natural to also work from the left. I even have my booklet from my very first thing I ever made, and I'm not doing it like those directions. These fractals are fun to do because even though there are alot of colors, there tends to be alot of stitches of the same color grouped together, so it moves fairly fast and it's easier to follow the pattern. When I go back to the Forest, there are alot more random confetti stitches all over the place, so alot more very careful counting and searching for all the stitches of the same color.
WIP
It's About Time-HAED, Ciro Marchetti
Sanctuary of Knowledge-HAED, Randall Spangler
Little Cake Shop-HAED, Aimee Stewart
Coming To Room SS MC-HAED, Jan Krasney
Everything So Beautiful-HAED, Alan Giana
A Stitch In Time-Aimee Stewart
Eden- Andy Russell
User avatar
JA Fan
Posts: 3061
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by JA Fan »

They are all beautiful. Well done on doing three detailed works at once! :applesauce:
WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That last fractal looks quite floral!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Carole »

I love that last fractal, although they're all lovely.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Lizzieh
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: 3 rotations, Coniferous Forest and Fractals 100 and 257

Post by Lizzieh »

Three lovely pieces. The fractals have always fascinated me. I have quite a few freebies downloaded but not attempted one yet.
Liz


WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Post Reply