Decided to stitch an afghan for our new baby due in July. Haven't started it yet as it only came yesterday but so excited I had to share straight away
I will bobbin the threads tonight and hopefully thread a needle
Any tips for keeping the back as neat as possible most welcome
WIP
Winnie the Pooh afghan
Santa's Secret (Dimensions) tiny bit left but run out of thread
KISS cushion (Emily Peacock) - for my new extension (its now built so I need to get a shifty on)
Finished 2012
ABCs of Parenting L*K
Princess Sampler
that is going to be precious. When I do an afgahn I make sure to weave threads under each other when I have to go more than 3 or 4 spaces in between. Doesn't look like you
will have too much confetti. I usually try to do the colors with the least stitches first so that they are covered in the back by the larger blocks (less need to weave then). I hope I'm making sense. Congrats on the new baby.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
What a lovely design This will be perfect and so special. Looking forward to seeing your updates
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
I am currently stitching a dumbo afghan for a friends baby due end of June, and I think the best tip I would have is to loop start. Since I have started using this method I have found my backs to be SO neat they could probably be better but I'm pleased nonetheless
Here is the back of my first dumbo :
And the link to my own SAL (which I will update too )
Yes VERY neat Twinkle I haven't used the loop method, just usual under a few threads but the backs not looking too bad. I keep checking it for knots (grr…hate that) and I'm not trailing threads too far. Hopefully it will be as neat as yours:)
What's the max no. of squares you've gone across with your backstitch? I'm not at that stage yet but was thinking about it the other day? I was thinking over each one would keep it neat and prevent toes & fingers getting caught in the trailing stitches?
WIP
Winnie the Pooh afghan
Santa's Secret (Dimensions) tiny bit left but run out of thread
KISS cushion (Emily Peacock) - for my new extension (its now built so I need to get a shifty on)
Finished 2012
ABCs of Parenting L*K
Princess Sampler
I didn't even think of fingers and toes tbh Oops. I just did my back stitch as I normally do - whatever suits! Lol. Probably not the best method but it works...usually
*toddles off to go check for hazardous backstitch*
twinkleberry wrote:*toddles off to go check for hazardous backstitch*
I had an image of snapping threads, not sure where it came from? Hope you've not got any of concern
WIP
Winnie the Pooh afghan
Santa's Secret (Dimensions) tiny bit left but run out of thread
KISS cushion (Emily Peacock) - for my new extension (its now built so I need to get a shifty on)
Finished 2012
ABCs of Parenting L*K
Princess Sampler
and when I do something where my back w/ show..I buy the iron on interfacing..it's sticky on one side which you iron on the back of the stitching and all you will see is a piece of white soft material. They do it a lot to cover embroidery on a shirt so on the inside it won't scratch/irritate your skin.
If you get a comment of a ,I must be holding my http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up 2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Ooo thanks for the tip Coffee Freak, that'll take the pressure off and ensure no snagging will be had
WIP
Winnie the Pooh afghan
Santa's Secret (Dimensions) tiny bit left but run out of thread
KISS cushion (Emily Peacock) - for my new extension (its now built so I need to get a shifty on)
Finished 2012
ABCs of Parenting L*K
Princess Sampler