Page 1 of 4

Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:14 am
by Pinguxxx
Decided to stitch an afghan for our new baby due in July. Haven't started it yet as it only came yesterday but so excited I had to share straight away :)

I will bobbin the threads tonight and hopefully thread a needle :D

Image

Any tips for keeping the back as neat as possible most welcome :)

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 am
by Mabel Figworthy
What a beautiful afghan, it'll be adorable!

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:02 pm
by rcperryls
that is going to be precious. When I do an afgahn I make sure to weave threads under each other when I have to go more than 3 or 4 spaces in between. Doesn't look like you
will have too much confetti. I usually try to do the colors with the least stitches first so that they are covered in the back by the larger blocks (less need to weave then). I hope I'm making sense. Congrats on the new baby.

Carole
:wub:

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 pm
by Nachstenliebe
Congrats! I had no idea you were expecting!!! This will make a lovely little keepsake for the little one :wub:
Faith

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:17 pm
by Lessa54
What a lovely design :wub: This will be perfect and so special. Looking forward to seeing your updates

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:14 pm
by karen4bells
What an adorable design!! Congrats on the upcoming birth of the little one! :D

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 pm
by K1nS
Thats gorgeous, no wonder you can't wait to start it!

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm
by Carole
That's lovely :)

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 pm
by Sewin_mum
Its a beautiful afghan! and congrats! :applesauce:

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 pm
by tiffstitch
Very cute design! Good luck!

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:03 pm
by twinkleberry
Congratulations!!

I am currently stitching a dumbo afghan for a friends baby due end of June, and I think the best tip I would have is to loop start. Since I have started using this method I have found my backs to be SO neat :) they could probably be better but I'm pleased nonetheless :)

Here is the back of my first dumbo :

Image

And the link to my own SAL (which I will update too :) )

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=15988

Can't wait to see your progress, I am sure you will catch me up soon! xx

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
:shock: that is a VERY neat back!!!!

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm
by twinkleberry
Thank you Mabel :)

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 pm
by BookNerd
That is so cute!! Congrats!

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:02 pm
by Pinguxxx
Yes VERY neat Twinkle :) I haven't used the loop method, just usual under a few threads but the backs not looking too bad. I keep checking it for knots (grr…hate that) and I'm not trailing threads too far. Hopefully it will be as neat as yours:)

What's the max no. of squares you've gone across with your backstitch? I'm not at that stage yet but was thinking about it the other day? I was thinking over each one would keep it neat and prevent toes & fingers getting caught in the trailing stitches?

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 pm
by twinkleberry
I didn't even think of fingers and toes tbh :? Oops. I just did my back stitch as I normally do - whatever suits! Lol. Probably not the best method but it works...usually

*toddles off to go check for hazardous backstitch* :doh:

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 pm
by Pinguxxx
twinkleberry wrote:*toddles off to go check for hazardous backstitch* :doh:
:lol: I had an image of snapping threads, not sure where it came from? Hope you've not got any of concern :)

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 am
by vanessanjf
Such a cute design :wub: :wub:

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:15 pm
by coffee_freak
so cute!

and when I do something where my back w/ show..I buy the iron on interfacing..it's sticky on one side which you iron on the back of the stitching and all you will see is a piece of white soft material. They do it a lot to cover embroidery on a shirt so on the inside it won't scratch/irritate your skin.

Re: Winnie the Pooh afghan

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 pm
by Pinguxxx
Ooo thanks for the tip Coffee Freak, that'll take the pressure off and ensure no snagging will be had :D