Autumn Owl Trio - updated Jan 16

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
nivabef
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA

Autumn Owl Trio - updated Jan 16

Post by nivabef »

I know owls became really trendy recently but I like to think that I was into them way before they were cool. Does that make me an owl hipster? :lol: I bought this chart as soon as it came out last month, but had to finish a Christmas gift before I could start on it.
http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=9762" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Image

I just completed the first page. DMC 722 and I have become well acquainted! It's a good thing I like the color orange. I've decided to work down the columns instead of across the rows because I want to get into other colors. This should go really fast because there is not much confetti at all.

I'm stitching on 18 ct aida, 2 over 1.
Image
Last edited by nivabef on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Liz

WIP
HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Pam and John (self-charted)
HAED Mini So Many Books So Little Time
diamondradleylover
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by diamondradleylover »

This chart is adorable! I actually paid Michele to turn this into a mini :).
She put the chart up yesterday so I will be buying it soon.

Can't wait to see more of your progress :)
You have made a fantastic start! :D
WIP's

Cupcakes of the Month: Cupcake Two
HAED Mini Strawberry Surf
Cottage of the Month October
Gorjuss Winter Friend
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Great start and congratulations on finishing page 1. This is going to be a great piece. I have been thinking of getting the mini because it is so adorable. I am looking forward to your updates.

Diamondradleylover, thank you for asking to have this charted as a mini. It's one of the rare charts that doesn't have a cat or a hobbit that I seem drawn to. :lol:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Parksfarm
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:40 am
Location: Near Portland, Oregon USA
Contact:

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by Parksfarm »

Very cute!
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by millymolly »

This is soo cute. I think its wise that you are going down the columns, thepages of orange along the top would be numbing!
Cant wait to see more
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by karen4bells »

Beautiful start on a very sweet design! :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by LadyS »

It's an adorable chart, and I agree, Carole, I'm happy it's been done as a mini, it will go to my wish list. I think I'd skip the top orange part though, nothing up there at all.

Congrats on the first page! :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
calico
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by calico »

I'm so excited to see someone else on here stitching this design! Great start!!! :wub:

I'm going to be starting mine sometime soon here. It will be my first HAED and I chose not to stitch the background. I ordered some nice orange hand-dyed fabric to use instead :)
I have it all kitted up and ready to go....just need to get some free time!
Since I'm not doing the background, I'm thinking of starting in the center of the design and dive right in to all the lovely colors :dance: :wub:
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
nivabef
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by nivabef »

That's a good idea about stitching it on orange and skipping the background. If I did that I would still frame it with all the blank space on the top so the placement of the owls stays the same at the bottom. I love the off-centeredness of the picture.
-Liz

WIP
HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Pam and John (self-charted)
HAED Mini So Many Books So Little Time
User avatar
Vani
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: St.John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by Vani »

I also bought this chart and hope to start it in the new year! Fab start! I am thinking on cutting off the top few rows so I don't have so much orange on top of the owls! Love that you are doing this, looking forward to more updates!
Vani, St. John's, NL, CAN

http://mystitchdiary.blogspot.ca/
User avatar
calico
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by calico »

nivabef wrote:That's a good idea about stitching it on orange and skipping the background. If I did that I would still frame it with all the blank space on the top so the placement of the owls stays the same at the bottom. I love the off-centeredness of the picture.
I totally agree! I love the "rule-of-thirds" placement with the nice headspace above the owls :D
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
Nina
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by Nina »

This will be so cute! Great start :applesauce:
HAED wip's: SHH Now ~ QS A Bunch of Love ~ Diamond ~ Wrath ~ Evolutionistic ~ Mermaid (Marchetti)~ Sunrise ~ Garnet ~ Cerridwen ~ SK Blue Moon (2012 SAL)

I See the Light ~ PR Mystery SAL


My blog
User avatar
BizzieLizzie
Posts: 2029
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Great start! :applesauce: :applesauce: I don't blame you at all for choosing to do it in columns.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by vanessanjf »

I loved that chart when I saw it straight away. So good to see someone stitching it up :D You have made a really good start :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Love this one - can't wait for more of Annya Kai's work to be released! Look forward to watching your progress!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
crafterglen
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by crafterglen »

I too had my eye on this one, can you tell me please is the top all one colour or several blended in? in other word how much floss is the orange if it is all just one colour?
Glen
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by Rose »

What a great pattern!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
nivabef
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by nivabef »

Glen, the whole top row (5 full pages and a tiny page 6) is almost all the same color. I think there are 3 different shades of orange in all, with #722 being the vast majority. The chart calls for 19 skeins of it if stitched on 25 ct fabric.
-Liz

WIP
HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Pam and John (self-charted)
HAED Mini So Many Books So Little Time
User avatar
Trylla
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 pm
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by Trylla »

Great start!! Well done on all that orange!!

I love Annya Kai's work. When I first saw it on Etsy, the first thing I thought was "I need to stitch these!!!" On a whim I emailed Michelle at HAED and sent her the link to Annya's Etsy store. Next thing I knew there were charts!! I can't wait to see more of her work charted. :)
Trylla
WIP
Drama Queen - custom chart (skitzzzzz)

My Blog
diamondradleylover
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio

Post by diamondradleylover »

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
WIP's

Cupcakes of the Month: Cupcake Two
HAED Mini Strawberry Surf
Cottage of the Month October
Gorjuss Winter Friend
Post Reply