Page 1 of 3
Autumn Owl Trio - updated Jan 16
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:01 pm
by nivabef
I know owls became really trendy recently but I like to think that I was into them way before they were cool. Does that make me an owl hipster?

I bought this chart as soon as it came out last month, but had to finish a Christmas gift before I could start on it.
http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=9762" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
I just completed the first page. DMC 722 and I have become well acquainted! It's a good thing I like the color orange. I've decided to work down the columns instead of across the rows because I want to get into other colors. This should go really fast because there is not much confetti at all.
I'm stitching on 18 ct aida, 2 over 1.

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:40 pm
by diamondradleylover
This chart is adorable! I actually paid Michele to turn this into a mini

.
She put the chart up yesterday so I will be buying it soon.
Can't wait to see more of your progress
You have made a fantastic start!

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 pm
by rcperryls

Great start and congratulations on finishing page 1. This is going to be a great piece. I have been thinking of getting the mini because it is so adorable. I am looking forward to your updates.
Diamondradleylover, thank you for asking to have this charted as a mini. It's one of the rare charts that doesn't have a cat or a hobbit that I seem drawn to.
Carole

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm
by Parksfarm
Very cute!
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:01 pm
by millymolly
This is soo cute. I think its wise that you are going down the columns, thepages of orange along the top would be numbing!
Cant wait to see more
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:30 am
by karen4bells
Beautiful start on a very sweet design!

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 am
by LadyS
It's an adorable chart, and I agree, Carole, I'm happy it's been done as a mini, it will go to my wish list. I think I'd skip the top orange part though, nothing up there at all.
Congrats on the first page!

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:42 am
by calico
I'm so excited to see someone else on here stitching this design! Great start!!!
I'm going to be starting mine sometime soon here. It will be my first HAED and I chose not to stitch the background. I ordered some nice orange hand-dyed fabric to use instead

I have it all kitted up and ready to go....just need to get some free time!
Since I'm not doing the background, I'm thinking of starting in the center of the design and dive right in to all the lovely colors

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 am
by nivabef
That's a good idea about stitching it on orange and skipping the background. If I did that I would still frame it with all the blank space on the top so the placement of the owls stays the same at the bottom. I love the off-centeredness of the picture.
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 am
by Vani
I also bought this chart and hope to start it in the new year! Fab start! I am thinking on cutting off the top few rows so I don't have so much orange on top of the owls! Love that you are doing this, looking forward to more updates!
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:09 am
by calico
nivabef wrote:That's a good idea about stitching it on orange and skipping the background. If I did that I would still frame it with all the blank space on the top so the placement of the owls stays the same at the bottom. I love the off-centeredness of the picture.
I totally agree! I love the "rule-of-thirds" placement with the nice headspace above the owls

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 am
by Nina
This will be so cute! Great start

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 am
by BizzieLizzie
Great start!

I don't blame you at all for choosing to do it in columns.
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:41 am
by vanessanjf
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:46 pm
by Mrs Milkybar Kid
Love this one - can't wait for more of Annya Kai's work to be released! Look forward to watching your progress!
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:19 pm
by crafterglen
I too had my eye on this one, can you tell me please is the top all one colour or several blended in? in other word how much floss is the orange if it is all just one colour?
Glen
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:07 pm
by Rose
What a great pattern!!!!!!!!

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:30 pm
by nivabef
Glen, the whole top row (5 full pages and a tiny page 6) is almost all the same color. I think there are 3 different shades of orange in all, with #722 being the vast majority. The chart calls for 19 skeins of it if stitched on 25 ct fabric.
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm
by Trylla
Great start!! Well done on all that orange!!
I love Annya Kai's work. When I first saw it on Etsy, the first thing I thought was "I need to stitch these!!!" On a whim I emailed Michelle at HAED and sent her the link to Annya's Etsy store. Next thing I knew there were charts!! I can't wait to see more of her work charted.

Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am
by diamondradleylover
Re: HAED Autumn Owl Trio