Merry Christmas- Finished!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
wtnlvr
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 am

Merry Christmas- Finished!

Post by wtnlvr »

I found this pattern in the xmas 2013 Enjoy cross stitch magazine. Just getting to it now. Wanted to stitch something festive for the holidays :D I really dislike the metallic floss. Very difficult to use. At least there is only a small bit of it...

Image

Image
Last edited by wtnlvr on Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speart
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 am
Location: MN

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by speart »

SUPER cute! That's great progress, too. The only metallics I actually enjoy are the Treasure Braids. They don't seem to knot, tangle, twist, or slide off the needle like Kreiniks do.
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by vanessanjf »

What a lovely festive design. You have made brilliant progress so far :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Oriettait »

Great project! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Fizzbw »

Lovely!! I prefer Treasure braids as well,but get on ok with Krenick. It's DMCs metallics that are unusable, even with lashings of thread heaven!

Look forward to seeing your progress!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Squirrel »

What a fabulous and cute design, its gorgeous. You have made a really great start on it too. Good luck with the metallics, anything other than Treasure Braids and Madeira metallic are horrible.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Rose »

Love this piece!!!!!! I also have this pattern!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by fccs »

Very cute! My daughter-in-law LOVES snowmen...might have to find this chart for next Christmas.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
twinkie253
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:31 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by twinkie253 »

That is a lovely design. I am a beginner and have a question. I know you aren't technically supposed to use knots. I am curious how you do the snowflakes since they are spread out. How do you start and end the thread and do you start and end each one with each snowflake or just carry it over to the next? I would appreciate your help.
Leah-Twinkie


Completed: 3x2 Cardinal
Completed: Kitchen Gardgets
Completed: Tulips (mom's cancerversary)
Soon Start: Patchwork Pumpkin
WIP: Cutlery Set
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great start on a wonderful design! I agree with the others about the metallics. I find if I blend krenik thread with a strand of regular floss it is easier to work with. Gives a subtler sparkle though so depends on your preferences. The other metallics are easier except for DMC which is almost impossible for me.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
mouselady
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: New York

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by mouselady »

I love the design! And you have done so much so fast! Great job, can't wait till we see more!
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
User avatar
wtnlvr
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 am

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by wtnlvr »

Thanks all. Unfortunatly I am using DMC thread but at least now I know it isn't just me. Will look for the other brands in the future. To answer twinkies question. I do each snowflake by itself. Tie off, cut the thread then move on to the next. They are too far apart to run the thread on the backside from one to the other.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Serinde »

This is coming along a treat! but, I thought you ought to be warned... :whistle: Rose loves snowmen... never leave it unguarded! :snowman: :shifty:
User avatar
wtnlvr
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 am

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by wtnlvr »

I am finally seeing some progress. LOL

Image
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Squirrel »

:lol: That is so cute and lovely. A great update and lovely to see the 'little people' emerging :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote::lol: That is so cute and lovely. A great update and lovely to see the 'little people' emerging :applesauce: :applesauce:
I agree completely! :snowman:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Rose »

:love: :love: :love: :love: I just love those snow faces!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
msufly
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Louisiana, US

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by msufly »

This looks great! Love it!
Kim


WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
DahliaDoll
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest
Contact:

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by DahliaDoll »

Nice start. It's darling!
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by lavenderbee »

This is such a cute design & you are doing well. As mentioned lovely to see the little people emerging. Look forward to seeing another update :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Post Reply