Hey all! Hope you aren't sick of seeing this kit, Ive seen that quite a few people have done this one in the past.
I did some prep work last week, I'm hoping it will speed up my stitching in the long run. This is my first time stitching grid lines and even though it took a while, I'm really enjoying how much easier it is to count out the confetti!
I'm babysitting my brother and sister-in-laws' kids this week. I've been lucky enough to get long naps from the younger ones while the older ones are at school so Ive managed to get some stitching time in and finish my first color on this panel. The kids like to watch me stitch but then their heads tend to get in the way as they peer over my shoulders. They think it's pretty cool, but they will ask me what it looks like every 5 minutes and I'm sure it doesn't look any different to them.
Regardless of how many times we see it we are always impressed and everyone tackles it in a bit of a different way. Looks like you have got a good go on it!!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Great start! Especially with your admirers watching. I agree with the others, no matter how many times I see this stitched, it is always a fun journey to see how differently each stitcher approaches a piece. And this is such a lovely design.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Thought I'd give you all a little update on this one. I had a lot of fun working on this with all those nieces and nephews around, they really enjoyed seeing me stitch. One of the boys in particular was so in love with it, I think I'm going to have to invest in some small stitching kits and teach him!
It's certainly not a ton of progress, but I'm just loving how much detail is in this one! And I am really thriving on all these blues!
And I keep forgetting to apologize for my picture quality. My phone gave out on me a couple months ago, so I've had to use my tablet which has horrible quality and I'm not much if a photographer anyway, so we've never invested in a camera. Should be getting my new phone in today though and hopefully it will do a much better job!
Looking good! And I think you have a great idea about getting a kit for your nephew and teaching him to stitch!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker