I started the Colorado band sampler Sunday. (Calico, I just couldn't resist!) This is where I was as of last night:
It's stitched on 32 count "cotton candy" Jobelan (thank you, perftangel - I love it for this project!). I changed the color of the word "columbines" because the charted color didn't pop enough for me. I've made a mistake on the "g" in "grow" but I'm probably just going to leave it (I made it one stitch too long). It's been really fun to stitch, even though the chart can be hard to read in places (warning Calico!). This is the third Colorado design I've done by this company and all the charts are a bit challenging, but the designs are so pretty it's worth it.
Last edited by fccs on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Lovely. The design is soooo pretty and that fabric is perfect! Looking forward to watching this one!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Thanks. The fabric is such a joy to stitch on. I hadn't decided what fabric to use for this and when perftangel sent me this piece of Jobelan, I knew immediately it was THE one. The colors remind me of a Colorado sunrise, all pink and blue.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Gorgeous start!!!! I can't wait to start mine ( Thanks for the warning about the chart)! My fabric will not be as pretty as yours because I don't have much variety on hand so I may just go with some antique white that I have lots if :/ Boring, huh ?
Calico
WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED
calico wrote:Gorgeous start!!!! I can't wait to start mine ( Thanks for the warning about the chart)! My fabric will not be as pretty as yours because I don't have much variety on hand so I may just go with some antique white that I have lots if :/ Boring, huh ?
Actually I think it will look very pretty on white, and not at all boring!
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
I just finished the sixth band (the aspen leaves). I usually don't have problems with the Kreinik blending filament, but it was not at all cooperative, so I used Thread Heaven for the first time; I went from being angry at the poor bird to really liking it. I'm really enjoying this one.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
I am so happy I decided to drop in early and to see this is heartening its so gorgeous
I had to stop stitching, a rain band has come in and its too dark to see however clear sky behind and its clearing fast so I can go back to these 1/4 stitches.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262