Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Ok, so to keep my self sane, I will keep two separate topics. Yay! My fabric arrived today!

Image
Here it is ready to be trimmed to size :)

Image
I have my first colors ready to go! This is going to be a true test of parking for me!

Image
My first page to stitch! I am SO excited!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Serinde »

Golly! Such organisation! :shock:
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Serinde wrote:Golly! Such organisation! :shock:
Oh, yes :) Most definitely! You should see my rings of floss ;) *giggles*

Ok, I probably won't post a pic every night, but here are my first stitches :) They are always the funnest!

Image
That ONE empty spot is the third color I am missing ... Michael's didn't have the three I still need, so am ordering online. More impatient waiting.

Image
Zoomed out, with flash.

I promise, I will try to hold back on too many pictures! This is going to be my evening WIP.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
19Roland19
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by 19Roland19 »

Off to a good start.

How big is the actual piece of material you are working on?

And the blue you mark with...is it like a pen or a marker or what? Does it fade out or wash out?
Image
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

19Roland19 wrote:Off to a good start.

How big is the actual piece of material you are working on?

And the blue you mark with...is it like a pen or a marker or what? Does it fade out or wash out?
40 inches by 50 inches

Water Erasable Marker, bought it at Michael's craft store, made by Clover. These two projects are the first I've marked ... am learning as I go ... I like it so far.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by vanessanjf »

You have made a great start :D I am looking forward to seeing it grow :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

Lovely shade of green & nicely stitched, a great start. :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great start!! Definitely going to be a fun piece to watch progress!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Rose »

Nice start!!!! Do you have a picture of what it will look like when finished??????? :thinks:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Rose wrote:Nice start!!!! Do you have a picture of what it will look like when finished??????? :thinks:
Oh, yes lol. It was on my original post, sorry I forgot to add it to this one :)

Image

And the finished size is actually 40x28.6 inches on 32 ct, so it will probably take me forever to finish!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

I can't help it, I love pictures! Here is my ending progress tonight:

Image

I know it seems dark, but the flash just washed all the colors out ... here is a zoomed in look:

Image

Headed for bed, work (and more cross stitching ;) ) comes early :)!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Rose »

Ooooooohhhhhh It is this one. :doh: I did not make that connection. It is going to be great!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Mrsmoocow
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Mrsmoocow »

Do you work right to left?
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Lulu22 »

Great start your work looks fantastic looking forward to updates :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Mrsmoocow wrote:Do you work right to left?
Yes. My mom taught me to start in the bottom right, work left and up (after finding your middle, counting down and over to starting point). Coming here, I learn people "park" lol, and I could not "park" working up, so I decided to work same side, but down. However, I still am not used to leaving threads everywhere, so I have been tying off as I go, as I am use to doing. Doing a 10x10 grid is also new, as I am used to cross country same color at once over the entire piece, but I am finding I like the neatness of doing 10 stitch columns, even if I don't park for the next page. I am totally learning as I go :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great start! This is going to be so much fun to stitch!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

My nightly picture or two :)

Image

Zoomed in, without flash:

Image

Didn't get as much done tonight, maybe tomorrow night I can spend more time stitching. Night, friends, happy stitching dreams!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
calico
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by calico »

Beautiful start! I love the colors!
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by MartaAre »

Bright colours and beautiful start! :applesauce:
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great progress and great colors!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Post Reply