Carole
Update:Laverne and I Thank you all so much
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
Update:Laverne and I Thank you all so much
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
Poor kitty! Consider you all to be in my thoughts. 
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
oh no, you and Shirley will be in my thoughts too hoping for a recovery
Finishes 2013
HAED earth mermaid
WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)
HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
HAED earth mermaid
WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)
HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
Oh no! Sending Reiki to all of you. Such a scary time. Let us know how she's doing as soon as, vets can do marvels, I hope they do.
Lots of love and healing vibes
Niki xxx
Lots of love and healing vibes
Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank
WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
So sorry to hear that Shirley is so poorly. Sending love and get well wishes from me and the kitties.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
I do hope that the Vet can sort this all out for you.
My tabby 'Fat-Cat' sends his love too
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
Oh no!
and hope to hear she can be treated!
for you and Laverne
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
poor kitty and poor you! Hope the news is quick and good 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
Thank you all. The news was quick but unfortunately not good. Shirley's red blood cell count dropped significantly overnight and an ultrasound showed fluid in her stomach which the internist vet was pretty sure was blood. Treatment would have been a transfusion, but while 90% of cats are Type A blood (who knew cats had blood types?), Miss Shirley was Type B. They were calling all the animal hospitals to see if anyone had Type B blood or a cat that could provide a transfusion. Laverne would be the logical choice since they are litter mates, but Laverne is 15 yrs old with the beginning of kidney disease and has lost a lot of weight and is under 10 lbs. If they ordered a unit of blood it would not get there until tomorrow morning and they didn't think Shirley would make it through the day. In addition, she had had a seizure in the morning also. The doctor was going to call me back. Then, Shirley's regular vet called me and we talked (I think the internist had called her because she didn't think it was a good idea and that we were only prolonging Shirley's suffering) and besides other things, since they don't have a clue what was going on, the odds were that even if the transfusion worked we would most likely be back here in a week. She is pretty convinced that somehow and someway the seizures and the IBD are connected.
So I went over to the specialty hospital and brought me Shirley all wrapped up in a comfy blanket. She was the saddest and most tired little kitty. I carried her over to the regular hospital where the vet and the office manager were waiting. We talked a little while I was holding Shirley and I decided to stay. After much cuddling, it was over in seconds. It would have been cruel to have put her through anything more. So I figure she is now running over that special Rainbow Bridge towards her Daddy to see if she can get him to give her as many Temptation Treats as she wants. Laverne and I are getting through this. Laverne is a bit confused, but she will be fine.
Thank you so much for listening.
Carole

So I went over to the specialty hospital and brought me Shirley all wrapped up in a comfy blanket. She was the saddest and most tired little kitty. I carried her over to the regular hospital where the vet and the office manager were waiting. We talked a little while I was holding Shirley and I decided to stay. After much cuddling, it was over in seconds. It would have been cruel to have put her through anything more. So I figure she is now running over that special Rainbow Bridge towards her Daddy to see if she can get him to give her as many Temptation Treats as she wants. Laverne and I are getting through this. Laverne is a bit confused, but she will be fine.
Thank you so much for listening.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: OT: Shirley is in Animal Hospital
Oh, Carole, I am so sorry! I'm sitting here in a puddle of tears - I know just how hard it is to say that final goodbye. Our furbabies are everything to us and we always have to do what's best for them, even though it leaves us broken hearted. Sending lots of hugs to you and Laverne...you're right, you will get through this and we're all here to help. You gave her such a wonderful, loving home, I'm sure she's up there bragging about having the best mommy ever!!

Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- pattiebelle
- Posts: 1575
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:26 pm
- Location: southern california
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
Prayers for you and Laverne to have strength for this time. I'm sorry to hear about this. Our kitties are so important to us. And others have said more eloquently than I, what I am feeling for you. God bless...
pattiebelle
"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
I'm so sorry for your loss xxx
Finishes 2013
HAED earth mermaid
WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)
HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
HAED earth mermaid
WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)
HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
All I can say is that you did the best thing for her. She passed away well loved and left many happy memories with you.
Don't be sad. Shirley is at peace now.
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
Oh Carole, I am so very sorry to hear the sad news & my heart goes out to you & Laverne. So very sad when pets just have to go. Sending prayers, thoughts & hugs your way

lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
Oh my goodness Carole how sad. Thinking of you and Laverne
Neecy
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
Oh I am so sorry Carole. Thinking of you 
mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
)
various bits and bobs
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
various bits and bobs
-
Stitchinkitty
- Posts: 1170
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:53 pm
- Location: Queensland Australia
Re: Update: Shirley crossed the Rainbow Bridge today
Love and strength and Cleo and Sushi send purrs.
Marilyn in SE Queensland
"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"