I had planned on doing individual threads for each of my projects but as they are all from the same ilk, i.e. Wrendale Designs, I thought I would just make one for the whole lot! So my first kit I've decided to do is a beautiful Barn Owl amongst poppies called 'The Lookout'. This will be the first time I stitch on the 'proper' Wrendale speckled aida and also stitch anything on my new Elbesee floor frame! This will be my set up:
A blank canvas before we start:
As I have so many to do (and at least another two that I will be adding to my stash in February 'Poppy Field' and 'Doe a Deer') I've decided to give myself four months for each project. I'm not sure how this will go as inevitably I make plans and they go out the window pretty much as soon as I make them It may turn into six months for each and obviously if I finish earlier then all to the good! My little Wrendale notebook (which you can see on the photo) is for recording each one including stitch count, date started, measurements, symbols and colours of threads used and also (something I've never done before) stitch hours! Yes I'm going to record every moment of my stitching and see how many hours it took me to do each one. Wish me luck guys!
The stitching place is seriously equipped. And thanks to these photos, I now know the "secret" of those dots on their stitchings designs- it is the canvas itself. Happy stitching, Nicola. I am looking forward to your updates.
Yes, a perfect set up. Enjoy your new regime for stitching. Admire your idea on noting all details, but I'm afraid I wouldn't stick to anything like that. I just go by how many months/weeks each one takes.
Frame is ideal & look forward to seeing more of your projects. Will we see steam coming out where you are now able to stitch so quickly
Enjoy!
Izzi
If you believe you can you wil
Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
kingfisher68(2) wrote:Will we see steam coming out where you are now able to stitch so quickly
Enjoy!
Haha don't know about that Izzi! Getting used to working on a floor frame as have only ever used hoops before. Feels quite strange but I will get used to it! My left hand has gone into retirement
You’ll be stitching “two handed†at this marvelous stitching station in no time at all. And speckled Aida!! What a terrific wheeze! I have ordered the construction of another (yet another!) magic sofa so we can all keep up in comfort.
kingfisher68(2) wrote:Will we see steam coming out where you are now able to stitch so quickly
Enjoy!
Haha don't know about that Izzi! Getting used to working on a floor frame as have only ever used hoops before. Feels quite strange but I will get used to it! My left hand has gone into retirement
My advice for getting used to the new frame is to reduce the stitching area, i.e. bring the bottom and top bars in a hole on the side bars. You won't have so much of a stretch on your arms. When I switched from hoop to frame I had the bars too far apart and nearly gave up! You will have to roll the fabric around one or both of the bars, but it will make things easier.
Then you'll be able to stitch 2 handed.
Oh, Nicola, it looks like a little heaven of stitching! I think that recording everything is a good idea as it will keep you going. Even if you have little time one day, you will have to do just a few stitches, to record in your book It will be easier for you to update us about your progress too.
Happy New Stitching Year!
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
I love your set up and the owl. I was at a medieval festival yesterday and watched an owl demonstration. I am going to take that as a sign that I need to buy that little Wrendale cutie. (Obviously I can rationalize/justify stitchy purchases easily. Ha)
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
I agree with just about everything everyone else has said!! Especially about seeing the updates as you progress!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lovely, neat stitching! Looking forward to the next update
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell