Barely started, but the weather is cooling, doors and windows are open so it's easier to stitch with this on my lap.
Using Charles Craft Alphabet Afghan 18 count , which is so different than the 28 count Lugana I use for my HAEDs and the recent Baby Samplers (picking them up tomorrow from the framers!). The borders will be individual characters and the large center will be a Mystic Stitch Design, which has all the original characters. First square is Princess Leia:
And the start:
Thanks for looking!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Podolyanka wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:43 pm
I like cross stitched afghans.
I do too. For years and years that is what I stitched on. It began partly because framing is expensive but I think mostly because I wouldn't be able to decide between designs. And a themed afghan takes care of that because I can pretty much do the ones I want to. And they made great gifts too. This will be a gift for my son who is totally obsessed with (even more than me) Star Wars.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Thank you Vanessa and it is great to see you back!!! Hope there will be updates coming soon from you also! You have been missed!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:49 pm
The crosses must feel huge after your recent projects though
Gigantic I now have a project that I can take with me to a small occasional craft group a few of us neighbors have put together. Those of us who we trust regarding COVID precautions. I can actually stitch without my magnilight. It’s bulky but easier to move than a lamp
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Valenti CrossStitch is what the charts say. I got them through Everything CrossStitch. The middle design will be from Mystic Stitch.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Feels like this one is moving quickly. I think that's because it looks like more gets done because of the difference in the fabric count size. 18 vs 28 count.
Regardless, I am enjoying this one and plan to keep going for a while, before going back to my HAEDs which are patiently waiting for me.
Thanks for looking.
(Future characters will not be revealed until someone makes the correct guess)
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:02 pm
Is there any significance in the fact that you started with the weapon... *nervous look*
Possibly.
actually, it is the top left corner and I almost always begin there. I started doing that years ago when I began stitching afghans as it was easier for some reason. And then all these years stitching HAEDs kept me at it. Then again..... it is a very strange year
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Can't believe it has been a year since I last posted for this one, and was about a year when I picked the afghan up again. I am so amazed at the speed this is going at though I have only been stitching this for a little over 1 week. I had gotten a bit farther than my last update (though I didn't post it and I don't know why) , but still it moves so fast. The background is 1/2 stitch so that really flies. Stitching over the top afghan fabric border the square takes patience, but it does work, even if it ends up looking a bit haphazard. I'll finish this figure and maybe the next one (which I won't identify until someone guesses it) before heading back to my HAEDs or other projects.
Thanks for looking
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker