Please feel free to join in on our SAL
Moderators: rcperryls , Rose , karen4bells , Serinde
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:15 pm
This is the stocking I want to finish for Christmas (this year). Yes, I fear I have waited too long. The kit is a Dimensions which means plenty of blended needles, half stitches, and different numbers of strands. In other words, it’s not a quick stitch. It’s for my friends’ new son-in-law. I’ve done stockings for the whole family but my rule for new additions is there must be a ring on the finger before I do a stocking.
This is my progress as of last night. I spent two hours yesterday morning stitching the outline and cutting the fabric down enough to fit one of my scroll frames. I had it on stretcher bars before and it was just too difficult to reach around the back. It’s much easier to handle now, and I did all of the vertical side to side rows last night.
Last edited by
fccs on Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208 Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:
Post
by Mabel Figworthy » Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:49 pm
That's a great start to a lovely stocking! (And good strategy to require a ring first)
Serinde
Posts: 19554 Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland
Post
by Serinde » Sun Aug 16, 2026 11:06 am
Yup, that's going to be a wonderful gift. No prizes for guessing what you'll be concentrating on...!
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Sat Aug 22, 2026 6:32 am
I’ve made some progress on the stocking.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Mon Aug 24, 2026 8:19 pm
I watched a lot of sports on tv yesterday (F1, women’s soccer, baseball) and was able to get quite a lot of stitching done.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208 Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:
Post
by Mabel Figworthy » Mon Aug 24, 2026 9:46 pm
I hadn't realised sport was so good for getting stitching done - great progress!
Serinde
Posts: 19554 Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland
Post
by Serinde » Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:51 pm
Oh, it is. I swear by rugby union (and very occasionally football).
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Mon Aug 31, 2026 7:05 am
And here’s my progress as of tonight. The blue mountains feel endless right now but I’m determined to get them done before I continue working down.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208 Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:
Post
by Mabel Figworthy » Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:31 pm
Very effective, they really look far-away misty mountains with that slightly ethereal quality!
Roland
Posts: 1477 Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm
Post
by Roland » Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:38 pm
It’s beautiful, and you are just speeding through it.
mags
Posts: 10443 Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK
Post
by mags » Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:43 pm
Really lovely
mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still )
various bits and bobs
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Tue Sep 01, 2026 6:10 am
Another night of blue….blue…and more blue…..
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208 Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:
Post
by Mabel Figworthy » Tue Sep 01, 2026 12:40 pm
As long as it's just your stitching that is blue, and not you!
Serinde
Posts: 19554 Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland
Post
by Serinde » Tue Sep 01, 2026 12:40 pm
Looking good!
fccs
Posts: 9697 Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Post
by fccs » Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:17 am
More blue….
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208 Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:
Post
by Mabel Figworthy » Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:26 am
It's filling up nicely! And just think how relieved you'll be to have all that blue out of the way
Serinde
Posts: 19554 Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland
Post
by Serinde » Sat Sep 05, 2026 8:01 am
The horse really looks good.