Page 1 of 1

fccs’s holiday farm stocking 09/04/2026

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:15 pm
by fccs
This is the stocking I want to finish for Christmas (this year). Yes, I fear I have waited too long. The kit is a Dimensions which means plenty of blended needles, half stitches, and different numbers of strands. In other words, it’s not a quick stitch. It’s for my friends’ new son-in-law. I’ve done stockings for the whole family but my rule for new additions is there must be a ring on the finger before I do a stocking. :-)

Image

This is my progress as of last night. I spent two hours yesterday morning stitching the outline and cutting the fabric down enough to fit one of my scroll frames. I had it on stretcher bars before and it was just too difficult to reach around the back. It’s much easier to handle now, and I did all of the vertical side to side rows last night.

Image

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/13/2026

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:49 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
That's a great start to a lovely stocking! (And good strategy to require a ring first)

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/13/2026

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2026 11:06 am
by Serinde
Yup, that's going to be a wonderful gift. No prizes for guessing what you'll be concentrating on...! :lol:

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/21/2026

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 6:32 am
by fccs
I’ve made some progress on the stocking.

Image

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/24/2026

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 8:19 pm
by fccs
I watched a lot of sports on tv yesterday (F1, women’s soccer, baseball) and was able to get quite a lot of stitching done.

Image

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/24/2026

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 9:46 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
I hadn't realised sport was so good for getting stitching done - great progress!

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/24/2026

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:51 pm
by Serinde
Oh, it is. I swear by rugby union (and very occasionally football).

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/30/2026

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 7:05 am
by fccs
And here’s my progress as of tonight. The blue mountains feel endless right now but I’m determined to get them done before I continue working down.

Image

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/30/2026

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:31 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Very effective, they really look far-away misty mountains with that slightly ethereal quality!

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/30/2026

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:38 pm
by Roland
It’s beautiful, and you are just speeding through it. 👍🏼

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/30/2026

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:43 pm
by mags
Really lovely

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/31/2026

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 6:10 am
by fccs
Another night of blue….blue…and more blue…..

Image

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/31/2026

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 12:40 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
As long as it's just your stitching that is blue, and not you!

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 08/31/2026

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 12:40 pm
by Serinde
Looking good!

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 09/04/2026

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:17 am
by fccs
More blue….

Image

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 09/04/2026

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:26 am
by Mabel Figworthy
It's filling up nicely! And just think how relieved you'll be to have all that blue out of the way :-)

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 09/04/2026

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 8:01 am
by Serinde
The horse really looks good.

Re: fccs’s holiday farm stocking 09/04/2026

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 6:53 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Yes, it's a lovely detail!