Spring tulips, finally finished

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
joanne-marchenko
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2026 1:41 am
Contact:

Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by joanne-marchenko »

Image

I charted this one back in the spring and have been picking at it ever since. 180 x 209 stitches, 35 DMC shades. The ribbon alone took three evenings, because the pinks sit so close together that I kept reaching for the wrong skein. Worth it in the end, I think. The photo does not quite catch how the orange sits against the green. I draw my own charts, so I have nobody but myself to blame for that colour count. Next time I will try to be kinder to future me.

Does anyone else find the last tenth of a big piece takes as long as the first half?
Joanne 8)
I design halloween cross stitch patterns — https://cloverstitchery.com/halloween-c ... h-pattern/
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The final stretch can be, well, a stretch! But as you say, well worth it, that is a gorgeous bouquet of flowers - it's so cheering and colourful!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by mags »

Oh this is gorgeous, well done.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
joanne-marchenko
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2026 1:41 am
Contact:

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by joanne-marchenko »

mags wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2026 8:06 am Oh this is gorgeous, well done.
thank you :roll:
Joanne 8)
I design halloween cross stitch patterns — https://cloverstitchery.com/halloween-c ... h-pattern/
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by Serinde »

Really lovely finish.
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by Roland »

Beautiful. Tulips always remind me of my mom.
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Post by richardandtracy »

Really lovely.

The colour count's not excessive, just select one that's high enough to show the detail you want & need for the piece, but is also low enough to be practical.
However, I will always agree that the last 10% feels as if it takes as long as the first half, even if a clock disagrees.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Post Reply