Page 1 of 1

Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 2:15 am
by joanne-marchenko
Image

I charted this one back in the spring and have been picking at it ever since. 180 x 209 stitches, 35 DMC shades. The ribbon alone took three evenings, because the pinks sit so close together that I kept reaching for the wrong skein. Worth it in the end, I think. The photo does not quite catch how the orange sits against the green. I draw my own charts, so I have nobody but myself to blame for that colour count. Next time I will try to be kinder to future me.

Does anyone else find the last tenth of a big piece takes as long as the first half?

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 7:44 am
by Mabel Figworthy
The final stretch can be, well, a stretch! But as you say, well worth it, that is a gorgeous bouquet of flowers - it's so cheering and colourful!

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 8:06 am
by mags
Oh this is gorgeous, well done.

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 11:04 am
by joanne-marchenko
mags wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2026 8:06 am Oh this is gorgeous, well done.
thank you :roll:

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:32 pm
by Serinde
Really lovely finish.

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 2:39 pm
by Roland
Beautiful. Tulips always remind me of my mom.

Re: Spring tulips, finally finished

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2026 4:49 pm
by richardandtracy
Really lovely.

The colour count's not excessive, just select one that's high enough to show the detail you want & need for the piece, but is also low enough to be practical.
However, I will always agree that the last 10% feels as if it takes as long as the first half, even if a clock disagrees.

Regards,

Richard