What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
joanne-marchenko
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2026 1:41 am
Contact:

What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

Post by joanne-marchenko »

It's that time again 🎃 I always tell myself I'll start early and somehow it's mid-September before I've even picked a pattern.

Image

Sneaking in a head start though: just finished this little skull with a red bow. Cute rather than creepy, whole stitches only, no backstitch at the end. Now I need to decide between a hoop and a small frame. Leaning hoop?

What's everyone working on this year? Cute or creepy? And does anyone have a favourite fabric colour for spooky stuff? I keep eyeing black Aida but my eyes say no 😅

Would love to see WIPs!
Joanne 8)
I design halloween cross stitch patterns — https://cloverstitchery.com/halloween-c ... h-pattern/
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I don't really do Halloween, I'm afraid, although I have created designs in the past that other people thought would be suitable for it, in particular a Hardanger spider's web I called Eek!

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

Post by geekishly »

I work on halloween-adjacent projects year round, so I have a bunch in process. This is the most recently worked on piece, a bigfoot Mill Hill kit.

Image
- Luca
Post Reply