Page 1 of 1

What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2026 5:21 pm
by joanne-marchenko
It's that time again 🎃 I always tell myself I'll start early and somehow it's mid-September before I've even picked a pattern.

Image

Sneaking in a head start though: just finished this little skull with a red bow. Cute rather than creepy, whole stitches only, no backstitch at the end. Now I need to decide between a hoop and a small frame. Leaning hoop?

What's everyone working on this year? Cute or creepy? And does anyone have a favourite fabric colour for spooky stuff? I keep eyeing black Aida but my eyes say no 😅

Would love to see WIPs!

Re: What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 10:04 am
by Mabel Figworthy
I don't really do Halloween, I'm afraid, although I have created designs in the past that other people thought would be suitable for it, in particular a Hardanger spider's web I called Eek!

Image

Re: What's on your hoop for Halloween this year?

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 7:05 am
by geekishly
I work on halloween-adjacent projects year round, so I have a bunch in process. This is the most recently worked on piece, a bigfoot Mill Hill kit.

Image