Pencader Wales Uk, with onset Agoraphobia

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

BexVM

Re: Pencader Wales Uk, with onset Agoraphobia

Post by BexVM »

That's brill news! Please let us all know how goes! xxx
Fizzle

Post by Fizzle »

I DID IT, I DID IT!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

I went today, although i admit hubby had to shove me out of the door, found a parking space (legal) immediately outside the door and crept in. It was fairly obvious to all there what was going on and I was quickly made a space and did more chatting than sewing (i get like that when nervous) but there were other stitcher's there as well as knitting and crochet. many had never tried cross stitch and were interested. As we were all getting ready to leave people came up to make sure i would come next week and the lady who had sat by me all the time piped up that i had to come as i promised to bring her something simple to stitch so i could teach her.... :doh:

Well I got a great big well done from hubby, he had even done some chores as he knew i would be suffering after so it went well i say. and i guess there is motivation to not only go next week, but search my stash (ooo the joy of it) for this lady

Here's thanking you all for your encouraging words, kisses and hugs to you all :wub: :wub:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Fizzle wrote:I DID IT, I DID IT!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Fantastic!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! You should be feeling quite proud of yourself for such a huge accomplishment - it took a lot of courage. (And yay to hubby for the push and doing some chores...good man.)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Tia

Post by Tia »

Yay! So glad that you went and had a good time. :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: I hope you are as proud of your accomplishment as we are. That was an amazing step and a real victory. Yay to your DH for providing the push and for doing the chores. And :applesauce: to the ladies in the group for being understanding and warm and friendly.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Great news and Well Done. Looking forward to hearing about next week's visit and how the lesson went with the lovely lady who sat with you. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Yay I am so glad you went!! I will love to hear about your experience next week, and what you find for the lovely lady :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
curly sue

Post by curly sue »

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad it went well for you!
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

So happy to hear that you stepped out of your comfort zones!! That is fantastic!

And welcome to the forums from Salmon Arm, BC. I used to live up in Northern BC a few years ago. :)

I do hope you stick around. This is a wonderful (and very active) forum full of all kinds of people and projects. The beautiful thing about this forum is that you don't have to participate if you don't want to. I creep this forum almost daily to see what everyone is up to and this forum helped me when I was suffering from an invisible illness, so I really hope you can feel as if it helps you too!

Shannon
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Fizzle wrote:I DID IT, I DID IT!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
:king: Well Done!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :dance: :dance:

:toast: :rose: :rose: :balloons:
I bet you were over the :rainbow: but maybe a bit exhausted as well. Next time won't be nearly as bad! Thank goodness that there are some lovely friendly people out there still. And you met up with a Whole Bunch of them!! :D

You'll enjoy having a 'furgle' through your stash to find something worthy of the lovely lady who sat next to you!

Proud of you! :hug: and a :hug: for Hubby too! :wink:
ayna

Post by ayna »

What a brave lady ( and a super hubby). Well done; so glad it worked out for you!!!
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah, great news. :whoop: :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: I had been wondering how you got on, sooo very pleased it went better than you imagined. Also full marks to hubby for doing chores while you were out. A wonderful, wonderful start to the year. How excited you must be that you can teach someone x-stitch & look through your stash. You should be very pleased with yourself. All the effort & trepidation was worth it. Keep up the good work. You can do anything now as you gained strength to move forward from this & each time you move out of your comfort zone you will get even more inner strength :applesauce: :applesauce:
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
mags

Post by mags »

Hello and welcome
And so pleased you made it to your meeting.
Onwards and upwards :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
mollymops

Post by mollymops »

Congrats in reaching out. I have one friend who is a lover of stitching and that is about it. Just start small and simple and grow from there - both with your stitching designs and new friendships.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Congrats on getting out and making some new contacts. That sounds like a lovely group and I hope you enjoy next week's session too. :)
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Well done for getting out there. Hope you go next week. My mum suffered from agoraphobia and I know how hard it was for her. Again well done :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
BexVM

Post by BexVM »

:whoop: Well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

That's fantastic what a huge step for you, I hope you have gained some confidence in going and continue to enjoy it, please let us know how your next meet up goes, it sounds like you have met a lovely bunch of ladies :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

:balloons: First step is always the hardest.Now you hve taken that step there's no stopping you.Sounds like you have met a lovely group of ladies. :whoop: :whoop:
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"