Castles in the Air - SAL
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
anyone else going to grid theirs? would it be easier as more pieces come out? or will it mess things up? it's easy with this one to use the arrows on the chart and find the center on the fabric and stitch this one..just worried if i grid the whole fabric, using this first chart as a guide..it would be messed up? lol
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
hour one..all i can fit in today of stitching.
silver metallic, clear beads and used the sample thread choices listed on the site..first one.
love it so far..i really want to do more..but must alternate w/ this and my castle.
hope I did the specail stitches right..looks good to me
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Love both your colourways, liz and cf. I have now got the pattern, but won't be starting for a while, at least until serendipity is finished, and I have several other things waiting in the wings too. I can only concentrate on one at a time
Haven't a clue on colours yet.
Haven't a clue on colours yet.
mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
)
various bits and bobs
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
various bits and bobs
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
That's looking beautiful, C_F, and already such a difference between the two we've seen! *is very tempted to start too, but knows she mustn't*
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Cockneystitcher
- Posts: 2451
- Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm
- Location: Ireland
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Both are looking nice.

WIP's
Trixie
Floral Flowers
http://juliesstitching.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
http://community.webshots.com/user/Cockneystitcher" target="_blank
Trixie
Floral Flowers
http://juliesstitching.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
http://community.webshots.com/user/Cockneystitcher" target="_blank
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
This is beautiful!

Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
They are both looking great!
I really love the purples especially CF.
I can't wait to get started on mine. I've chosen all my threads but I'm still waiting on the fabric
I really love the purples especially CF.
I can't wait to get started on mine. I've chosen all my threads but I'm still waiting on the fabric
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
It looks good, C_F! I like the colors you've chosen. Granted, I haven't had much experience with special stitches, but they look fine to me.
I think I may have to post a pic tomorrow for all of you to help me decide which color of fabric to use. DH and the kids are split. I'm tempted to start this one even though I should be working on other projects.
I think I may have to post a pic tomorrow for all of you to help me decide which color of fabric to use. DH and the kids are split. I'm tempted to start this one even though I should be working on other projects.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Wow CF that really looks great!!!!! 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- charmagne_capalad
- Posts: 6704
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
- Location: Quezon City PHILIPPINES
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Love seeing both projects, Liz and C_F!
You're both doing great! 
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
These are fantastic, I really like this design alot, but I'm curious ... if it's a mystery SAL, how do you know what size fabric to use so that you can fit it all on?

Just wondered if the designer tells you whast size you need for the finished piece.
Just wondered if the designer tells you whast size you need for the finished piece.
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
she tells you what size fabric you'll need and how much extra for framing.
also tells you with arrows on the first part how to place it on the middle of the fabric.
i did loads more last night..this is going so fast..i may just stitch on this this while week and get it out of the way so i can work on my castle until the next part..lol
so fun to stitch and easy so far..have to add beads on and more of the middle is done..time to start on the outer edges/leave and stem backstitch!
*edited to add upate..hr 2 on day one*

also tells you with arrows on the first part how to place it on the middle of the fabric.
i did loads more last night..this is going so fast..i may just stitch on this this while week and get it out of the way so i can work on my castle until the next part..lol
so fun to stitch and easy so far..have to add beads on and more of the middle is done..time to start on the outer edges/leave and stem backstitch!
*edited to add upate..hr 2 on day one*
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
You're making great progress on this C_F, it's looking lovely!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
This is so pretty 
mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
)
various bits and bobs
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
various bits and bobs
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
did another 2 hours this morning..will put in another hour later and the whole top should be done..
then i'll work on the left and right sides..then the bottom..
should be finished by weeks end..
then dragon/castle all next week! lol
then i'll work on the left and right sides..then the bottom..
should be finished by weeks end..
then dragon/castle all next week! lol
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
That's really lovely C-F. Which of the suggested colour charts did you use, as I noticed she put up a few to choose from?
If I wasn't doing the sampler and my dogs I'd be really tempted to join in on this, it's such a gorgeous design.

If I wasn't doing the sampler and my dogs I'd be really tempted to join in on this, it's such a gorgeous design.
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Oh it looks great. Some really fantastic colors you have choosen. 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Fantastic start, it looks lovely with those colours, clean and clear. Very effective pattern, very well stitched.
Rosemary
Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
the first color option she listed is what i used.
I have a shiny white bead and not sure what the other color is..
but it's closed to cranberry that i have..but it's more purple..
and matches w/ the one darker purple in the design.
so far..i love the colors..just wish there was more blue....
DMC number
Dark Green 469 - Avocado Green
Medium Green 470 Avocado Green Lt
Pale green 471 Avocado Green V Lt
Floral colour1 3834 Grape Dk
Floral colour2 3836 Grape Lt
Floral colour3 3722 Shell Pink Med
Floral colour4 224 Shell Pink V Lt
Floral colour5 600 Cranberry V Dk
Floral colour6 605 Cranberry V Lt
Floral colour7 3740 Antique Violet Dk
Floral colour8 3743 Antique Violet V Lt
Metallic thread Silver
Bead1 Transparent/crystal
Bead2 Cranberry
I have a shiny white bead and not sure what the other color is..
but it's closed to cranberry that i have..but it's more purple..
and matches w/ the one darker purple in the design.
so far..i love the colors..just wish there was more blue....
DMC number
Dark Green 469 - Avocado Green
Medium Green 470 Avocado Green Lt
Pale green 471 Avocado Green V Lt
Floral colour1 3834 Grape Dk
Floral colour2 3836 Grape Lt
Floral colour3 3722 Shell Pink Med
Floral colour4 224 Shell Pink V Lt
Floral colour5 600 Cranberry V Dk
Floral colour6 605 Cranberry V Lt
Floral colour7 3740 Antique Violet Dk
Floral colour8 3743 Antique Violet V Lt
Metallic thread Silver
Bead1 Transparent/crystal
Bead2 Cranberry
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
end of hour 5. not sure what happened to my last photos..maybe a webshots glitch..the others are no longer in my album
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
