Castles in the Air - SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

anyone else going to grid theirs? would it be easier as more pieces come out? or will it mess things up? it's easy with this one to use the arrows on the chart and find the center on the fabric and stitch this one..just worried if i grid the whole fabric, using this first chart as a guide..it would be messed up? lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

Image

hour one..all i can fit in today of stitching.
silver metallic, clear beads and used the sample thread choices listed on the site..first one.
love it so far..i really want to do more..but must alternate w/ this and my castle.

hope I did the specail stitches right..looks good to me :lol:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Love both your colourways, liz and cf. I have now got the pattern, but won't be starting for a while, at least until serendipity is finished, and I have several other things waiting in the wings too. I can only concentrate on one at a time :lol:
Haven't a clue on colours yet. :thinks:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That's looking beautiful, C_F, and already such a difference between the two we've seen! *is very tempted to start too, but knows she mustn't*
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Cockneystitcher
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Cockneystitcher »

Both are looking nice. :applesauce: :applesauce:
WIP's
Trixie
Floral Flowers


http://juliesstitching.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

http://community.webshots.com/user/Cockneystitcher" target="_blank
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

This is beautiful!
:applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Murmured
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Murmured »

They are both looking great!
I really love the purples especially CF.
I can't wait to get started on mine. I've chosen all my threads but I'm still waiting on the fabric :ratherbe:
WIPS
Damask Rose Needlecase
Castles in the Air
I Stitch therefore I Stash

2012 finishes:
Max's Moon
User avatar
Busy_B
Posts: 6920
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: Indiana USA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Busy_B »

It looks good, C_F! I like the colors you've chosen. Granted, I haven't had much experience with special stitches, but they look fine to me. :applesauce:

I think I may have to post a pic tomorrow for all of you to help me decide which color of fabric to use. DH and the kids are split. I'm tempted to start this one even though I should be working on other projects.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

Wow CF that really looks great!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
charmagne_capalad
Posts: 6704
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Quezon City PHILIPPINES

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by charmagne_capalad »

Love seeing both projects, Liz and C_F! :applesauce: :wub: :applesauce: You're both doing great! :dance:
charmagne
Image
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

These are fantastic, I really like this design alot, but I'm curious ... if it's a mystery SAL, how do you know what size fabric to use so that you can fit it all on?
:thinks:
Just wondered if the designer tells you whast size you need for the finished piece.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

she tells you what size fabric you'll need and how much extra for framing.
also tells you with arrows on the first part how to place it on the middle of the fabric.

i did loads more last night..this is going so fast..i may just stitch on this this while week and get it out of the way so i can work on my castle until the next part..lol

so fun to stitch and easy so far..have to add beads on and more of the middle is done..time to start on the outer edges/leave and stem backstitch!

*edited to add upate..hr 2 on day one*
Image
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

You're making great progress on this C_F, it's looking lovely!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

This is so pretty :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

did another 2 hours this morning..will put in another hour later and the whole top should be done..
then i'll work on the left and right sides..then the bottom..
should be finished by weeks end..
then dragon/castle all next week! lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

That's really lovely C-F. Which of the suggested colour charts did you use, as I noticed she put up a few to choose from?
If I wasn't doing the sampler and my dogs I'd be really tempted to join in on this, it's such a gorgeous design.
:wub:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

Oh it looks great. Some really fantastic colors you have choosen. :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by RosemaryH »

Fantastic start, it looks lovely with those colours, clean and clear. Very effective pattern, very well stitched.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

the first color option she listed is what i used.
I have a shiny white bead and not sure what the other color is..
but it's closed to cranberry that i have..but it's more purple..
and matches w/ the one darker purple in the design.
so far..i love the colors..just wish there was more blue....

DMC number
Dark Green 469 - Avocado Green
Medium Green 470 Avocado Green Lt
Pale green 471 Avocado Green V Lt
Floral colour1 3834 Grape Dk
Floral colour2 3836 Grape Lt
Floral colour3 3722 Shell Pink Med
Floral colour4 224 Shell Pink V Lt
Floral colour5 600 Cranberry V Dk
Floral colour6 605 Cranberry V Lt
Floral colour7 3740 Antique Violet Dk
Floral colour8 3743 Antique Violet V Lt
Metallic thread Silver
Bead1 Transparent/crystal
Bead2 Cranberry
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

Image

end of hour 5. not sure what happened to my last photos..maybe a webshots glitch..the others are no longer in my album :(
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Post Reply