Castles in the Air - SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

:dance: That is ok CF we love the up-dates it makes us feel like we are doing the stitching. :lol: Did you say you are doing the one with the specialty stitches????
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

haha no not that brave..lol..just cross stitch..but there are a few specialty stitches in them..
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by RosemaryH »

Update as often as you can because this is such a lovely project to see so I could look at it time and time again without getting bored.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Kezzy
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Kezzy »

Oh CF I really must get my camera working (and my needle!!). You have done loads! I love the colours you have chosen :applesauce:
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Slinky »

These are all so stunning I have just handed over my £1 and downloaded the first part. I have so many WIPs just now, I need another like a hole in the head, but hey!

Marvellous work!
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
User avatar
Lizzieh
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Lizzieh »

Had time to do some more of this and when I got it out I decided to change my colours so here is a new photo.
Image

Still not 100% sure about my colours but it took me so long to frog the last ones I think I will have to stick with what I have now!
CF yours is looking beautiful and makes me wonder if I have made silly colour choices.
Liz
Liz


WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

I cheated w/ the colors. i knew if i chose them..i wouldn't be happy..lol..so I used the sample she gave on the site.
but thanks! i did chose this set out of 4 possible (maybe 3..can't remember)
I did work a bit more on it tonight..and more tomorrow and I should be done.

i love your colors !
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

lizthebob wrote:Had time to do some more of this and when I got it out I decided to change my colours so here is a new photo.
Image

Still not 100% sure about my colours but it took me so long to frog the last ones I think I will have to stick with what I have now!
CF yours is looking beautiful and makes me wonder if I have made silly colour choices.
Liz

Oh Liz I love this coloring!!!!! It is really pretty and I think they go very well together. The other version was very fun also but this looks so good and bright. Wonderful work :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
charmagne_capalad
Posts: 6704
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Quezon City PHILIPPINES

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by charmagne_capalad »

C_F, you've done great LOADS! It's looking GREAT! :applesauce:

Liz, yours is looking LOVELY as well! :applesauce:

Well done, ladies! :dance:
charmagne
Image
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well Liz, I love your colours and seeing them with that lovely gold :drool: just might be what tips me over the edge. I've been determined to stay away from a SAL at the moment, no matter how much I like them, because I really didn't want more than 2 projects on the go at once, but I'm seriously wavering right now!

Looks fantastic. I :wub: it. :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Liz, that is so pretty!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by RosemaryH »

Love your colours Liz. I really would have liked to join in this SAL but decided that as I have done the last two that I should do some of my others before making a further commitment.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Lisa »

i have just paid for it, but wont be doing it for a while yet, want to finish some of my wips before I start anything else. Gonna be strict with myself :lol:
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I really didn't mean to. I only went for another look, and then ...well, :oops:

So there it is, saved in my file. :shock:

Of course, it will just sit there now until I have finished my surprise sampler, I am determined to have no more than TWO on the go at once. :shifty:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Lisa »

tb, once we've finished some of our wips, we can have our own SAL if you like ;d
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

That's a great idea Lisa!
:dance: :applesauce: :dance:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

woohoo i'm done! except for a few beads..which i have to wait to put on till my daughter gets home from her friend's house so she can entertain my 3yo boy..he loooves digging in my beads and buttons..lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Papillon have now got a gallery up of Castles in the Air :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

awww ty mags! they all look sooo good! i can't wait to get my beads on mine and send in a photo..need to go look and see how to do that.. :thinks:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Don't they all look gorgeous. :D
I won't get round to doing mine very soon, but I really can't decide what colours to use.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Post Reply