P & P is a joke

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

P & P is a joke

Post by RosemaryH »

I was cooling off after doing my ironing so was idly browsing e-bay and came across this. As it said Spain I thought great that would mean lower p& p for me. Not interested in the mag but thought I would look at the charges and nearly fainted. The magazine is heavy but I am sure that it would not cost 9 pound to send it to Spain...looked at cost to UK and it was also 0 pound. They have got to be joking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PICTURES-Cross-St ... 7C294%3A50" target="_blank

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by coffee_freak »

i know..i've seen a lot of things i would have liked to purchase but the shipping is waaay wrong, more than the item was even worth..lol.
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by Slinky »

RosemaryH wrote:I was cooling off after doing my ironing so was idly browsing e-bay and came across this. As it said Spain I thought great that would mean lower p& p for me. Not interested in the mag but thought I would look at the charges and nearly fainted. The magazine is heavy but I am sure that it would not cost 9 pound to send it to Spain...looked at cost to UK and it was also 0 pound. They have got to be joking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PICTURES-Cross-St ... 7C294%3A50" target="_blank" target="_blank

Rosemary

Is it worth contacting the seller, expressing your interest and asking if there's been a mistake with the postage? If they haven't any other buyers and truly want to sell, they may review their shipping costs.
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
hada56
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: MEXICO

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by hada56 »

have you read the whole post/message? she says that P&P within Spain is less, I think you need to contact her. HTH!
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by RosemaryH »

No I did not read the whole post, just reacted when I saw the postage. I already have the mag so it was of no interest.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
hada56
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: MEXICO

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by hada56 »

OK! it's still a bit pricey...
User avatar
Jen2000
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by Jen2000 »

The prices are ridiculous. When I see something like that, I know right away that they are only that high so that the seller makes more money than just what the final bid is.
Cross Stitch: CSA
Collaborative Cross Stitch: It's Been Stitched

My WIPs:
Tales of Wonder
Image

Milady Blackberry HAED
Image
User avatar
mejaflora
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by mejaflora »

I saw one posting once for a pashmina scarf, it was only 3.50 usd. Guess how much the postage was from China to Singapore. 20 usd. this is how some ebay sellers save on posting fees. coz there are no fees on shipping fees, only on the item price. so low on item price and high on shipping fees.

I have my own shop and I've shipped to and fro US, it is not expensive at all. like maybe 3-4 usd for a kit. I've stopped buying from ebay coz of the crazy shipping quotes. sucks though coz i loveeee buying bags :D
Last edited by mejaflora on Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: P & P is a joke

Post by coffee_freak »

i was just going to say the same thing..fee avoidance..and it is fraud. if someone reports them to ebay..they will have their account closed.

i saw something for a 99 cent buy it now..no bidding allowed..the item was worth around 20 dollars..so they then made shipping 25 dollars...so they got the 20 they wanted for the item..but it came in under shipping..and they still got their 5 dollars for shipping. ebay only charged fees based on the 99 cents.
shady and they could get in trouble! lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Post Reply