I was cooling off after doing my ironing so was idly browsing e-bay and came across this. As it said Spain I thought great that would mean lower p& p for me. Not interested in the mag but thought I would look at the charges and nearly fainted. The magazine is heavy but I am sure that it would not cost 9 pound to send it to Spain...looked at cost to UK and it was also 0 pound. They have got to be joking.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PICTURES-Cross-St ... 7C294%3A50" target="_blank
Rosemary
P & P is a joke
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
P & P is a joke
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: P & P is a joke
i know..i've seen a lot of things i would have liked to purchase but the shipping is waaay wrong, more than the item was even worth..lol.
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Re: P & P is a joke
RosemaryH wrote:I was cooling off after doing my ironing so was idly browsing e-bay and came across this. As it said Spain I thought great that would mean lower p& p for me. Not interested in the mag but thought I would look at the charges and nearly fainted. The magazine is heavy but I am sure that it would not cost 9 pound to send it to Spain...looked at cost to UK and it was also 0 pound. They have got to be joking.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PICTURES-Cross-St ... 7C294%3A50" target="_blank" target="_blank
Rosemary
Is it worth contacting the seller, expressing your interest and asking if there's been a mistake with the postage? If they haven't any other buyers and truly want to sell, they may review their shipping costs.
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~
WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
Re: P & P is a joke
have you read the whole post/message? she says that P&P within Spain is less, I think you need to contact her. HTH!
Re: P & P is a joke
No I did not read the whole post, just reacted when I saw the postage. I already have the mag so it was of no interest.
Rosemary
Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Re: P & P is a joke
The prices are ridiculous. When I see something like that, I know right away that they are only that high so that the seller makes more money than just what the final bid is.
Cross Stitch: CSA
Collaborative Cross Stitch: It's Been Stitched
My WIPs:
Tales of Wonder

Milady Blackberry HAED

Collaborative Cross Stitch: It's Been Stitched
My WIPs:
Tales of Wonder

Milady Blackberry HAED

Re: P & P is a joke
I saw one posting once for a pashmina scarf, it was only 3.50 usd. Guess how much the postage was from China to Singapore. 20 usd. this is how some ebay sellers save on posting fees. coz there are no fees on shipping fees, only on the item price. so low on item price and high on shipping fees.
I have my own shop and I've shipped to and fro US, it is not expensive at all. like maybe 3-4 usd for a kit. I've stopped buying from ebay coz of the crazy shipping quotes. sucks though coz i loveeee buying bags
I have my own shop and I've shipped to and fro US, it is not expensive at all. like maybe 3-4 usd for a kit. I've stopped buying from ebay coz of the crazy shipping quotes. sucks though coz i loveeee buying bags
Last edited by mejaflora on Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cross Stitch + Art
http://www.TheArtofStitch.com
http://www.TheArtofStitch.com
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: P & P is a joke
i was just going to say the same thing..fee avoidance..and it is fraud. if someone reports them to ebay..they will have their account closed.
i saw something for a 99 cent buy it now..no bidding allowed..the item was worth around 20 dollars..so they then made shipping 25 dollars...so they got the 20 they wanted for the item..but it came in under shipping..and they still got their 5 dollars for shipping. ebay only charged fees based on the 99 cents.
shady and they could get in trouble! lol
i saw something for a 99 cent buy it now..no bidding allowed..the item was worth around 20 dollars..so they then made shipping 25 dollars...so they got the 20 they wanted for the item..but it came in under shipping..and they still got their 5 dollars for shipping. ebay only charged fees based on the 99 cents.
shady and they could get in trouble! lol
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend