Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Great update. You are making amazing progress. This is beautiful. :applesauce:

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by tiffstitch »

Excellent work! :applesauce: I hope the rest is a bit easier on confetti. Not that I think it slows you down much. :D
User avatar
Lizzy
Posts: 3724
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Lizzy »

Its gorgeous and the confetti is well worth the effort as the detailing is superb :applesauce: :wub: :applesauce:
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Beautiful Sarah! :wub: :wub:
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Ryukai
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Ryukai »

This is looking gorgeous!! Great job!! :applesauce:
WIP
HAED Alternate Reality
Dimensions - Scarlet Wizard
HAED White Nine Tail Fox
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Beautiful, I love all the detail in this, you always discover something new!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Serinde »

Absolutely fabulous. :applesauce:
User avatar
Sarah Gixxer
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: Peterborough, UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Thanks, everybody, for all your lovely comments.

The next section of this is a LOT quicker to stitch than the last two pages with big areas of the same colours. Nice to not be changing colour ever 2 stitches! :D I was aiming to get the row finished during November and it looks like I might have a shot at it now. Another update to follow shortly.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
User avatar
Vani
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: St.John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Vani »

Its looks awesome Sarah! I especially love the tree. I know the confetti must have been a nightmare! Well Done!
Vani, St. John's, NL, CAN

http://mystitchdiary.blogspot.ca/
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by LadyS »

The tree looks stunning, Sarah!

I have one question though, I always see your HAEDs looking so fantastic, and I know you stitch them on 25 ct Lugana 2 x 1 tent stitches, which is what I am doing for my first HAEDs, and I'm wondering if up close yours have any see through at all, like on dark colors?

From afar mine looks good, but when I have it in my hand I keep thinking the coverage is not as perfect as I thought, I've been trying to change my tension but then some stitches feel loose so I know my tension is as light as it can go, and this only happens in certain areas, not sure if my thread might be twisted or not, or if I'm trying to be too perfectionist as from a distance the coverage is perfect. :thinks:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
Sarah Gixxer
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: Peterborough, UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Laura, I do find that on large areas of a dark colour, like black, purple etc, it is possible to see light flecks where the fabric shows through, but it's so small it doesn't bother me. You have to be really close to it to notice so I'm quite happy with it. On most areas, where the colours are lighter or where there is lots of confetti you don't notice it at all.

Anyway, here's another update. I finished the row at last - this is just about half done now! The last page was nice to do, with swallows, and the top half of the dragonfly and the ear of corn - lots going on! The photo is a bit yellow as it was done in artificial light.

Image
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Sewin_mum
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Sewin_mum »

Beautiful!
rachdun
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Northampton, UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by rachdun »

It looks amazing :applesauce:
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by wendywombat »

What a lot of detail! It's really going fast isn't it! :D :applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Looking wonderful, even in artificial light :applesauce: !
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

This still looks amazing Sarah - even in artificial light! :wub:
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Beautiful even in atificial light. This is so well done. You are making great progress. :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
rachel_lily
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by rachel_lily »

I've just caught up with this thread, it looks wonderful :) Such a beautiful design and you're such a fast stitcher, I bet it's a fun design to stitch, no boring bits ;)
Wips: HAED Princess Izzy
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by LadyS »

Amazing work, Sarah! And thank you or putting me at ease. :D
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life

Post by karen4bells »

Beautiful update!! You've made such nice progress on this!! Very very impressive :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


Post Reply