Carole
Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Excellent work!
I hope the rest is a bit easier on confetti. Not that I think it slows you down much. 
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Its gorgeous and the confetti is well worth the effort as the detailing is superb

- Mrs Milkybar Kid
- Posts: 4402
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
- Location: Cornwall,UK
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Beautiful Sarah!

Amanda
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
This is looking gorgeous!! Great job!! 
WIP
HAED Alternate Reality
Dimensions - Scarlet Wizard
HAED White Nine Tail Fox
HAED Alternate Reality
Dimensions - Scarlet Wizard
HAED White Nine Tail Fox
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Beautiful, I love all the detail in this, you always discover something new!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Absolutely fabulous. 
- Sarah Gixxer
- Posts: 5006
- Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am
- Location: Peterborough, UK
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Thanks, everybody, for all your lovely comments.
The next section of this is a LOT quicker to stitch than the last two pages with big areas of the same colours. Nice to not be changing colour ever 2 stitches!
I was aiming to get the row finished during November and it looks like I might have a shot at it now. Another update to follow shortly.
The next section of this is a LOT quicker to stitch than the last two pages with big areas of the same colours. Nice to not be changing colour ever 2 stitches!
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Its looks awesome Sarah! I especially love the tree. I know the confetti must have been a nightmare! Well Done!
Vani, St. John's, NL, CAN
http://mystitchdiary.blogspot.ca/
http://mystitchdiary.blogspot.ca/
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
The tree looks stunning, Sarah!
I have one question though, I always see your HAEDs looking so fantastic, and I know you stitch them on 25 ct Lugana 2 x 1 tent stitches, which is what I am doing for my first HAEDs, and I'm wondering if up close yours have any see through at all, like on dark colors?
From afar mine looks good, but when I have it in my hand I keep thinking the coverage is not as perfect as I thought, I've been trying to change my tension but then some stitches feel loose so I know my tension is as light as it can go, and this only happens in certain areas, not sure if my thread might be twisted or not, or if I'm trying to be too perfectionist as from a distance the coverage is perfect.
I have one question though, I always see your HAEDs looking so fantastic, and I know you stitch them on 25 ct Lugana 2 x 1 tent stitches, which is what I am doing for my first HAEDs, and I'm wondering if up close yours have any see through at all, like on dark colors?
From afar mine looks good, but when I have it in my hand I keep thinking the coverage is not as perfect as I thought, I've been trying to change my tension but then some stitches feel loose so I know my tension is as light as it can go, and this only happens in certain areas, not sure if my thread might be twisted or not, or if I'm trying to be too perfectionist as from a distance the coverage is perfect.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
- Sarah Gixxer
- Posts: 5006
- Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am
- Location: Peterborough, UK
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Laura, I do find that on large areas of a dark colour, like black, purple etc, it is possible to see light flecks where the fabric shows through, but it's so small it doesn't bother me. You have to be really close to it to notice so I'm quite happy with it. On most areas, where the colours are lighter or where there is lots of confetti you don't notice it at all.
Anyway, here's another update. I finished the row at last - this is just about half done now! The last page was nice to do, with swallows, and the top half of the dragonfly and the ear of corn - lots going on! The photo is a bit yellow as it was done in artificial light.

Anyway, here's another update. I finished the row at last - this is just about half done now! The last page was nice to do, with swallows, and the top half of the dragonfly and the ear of corn - lots going on! The photo is a bit yellow as it was done in artificial light.

CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Beautiful!
My Blog: http://crossstitchcrazymum.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
It looks amazing 
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
What a lot of detail! It's really going fast isn't it!

- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Looking wonderful, even in artificial light
!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mrs Milkybar Kid
- Posts: 4402
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
- Location: Cornwall,UK
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
This still looks amazing Sarah - even in artificial light! 
Amanda
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)
Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- rachel_lily
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm
- Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
I've just caught up with this thread, it looks wonderful
Such a beautiful design and you're such a fast stitcher, I bet it's a fun design to stitch, no boring bits 
Wips: HAED Princess Izzy
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Amazing work, Sarah! And thank you or putting me at ease. 
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Sarah's HAED Tree of Life
Beautiful update!! You've made such nice progress on this!! Very very impressive 
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs