Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Beautiful work - I look forward to seeing the next part!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I've managed to finish off the next page of the Flower Sampler Book. I was so keen to have a go at Blackwork but found it really hard to get the lines straight so I didn't enjoy it as much as the other pages. It came together a lot better once I did the gold stitching so I'm a bit happier with it now.

Image

The next section of it is Assisi, which is another new technique so hopefully I'll enjoy that a bit more :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

bookknurd
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by bookknurd »

Gorgeous! I have added this project to my ever growing wish list. Can't wait to see more updates. :)
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: very very pretty!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by meerkat »

Wonderful blackwork :applesauce:
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

Oh this looks so nice!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Beautiful black work Carole, look forward to seeing your Assisi, i really like that technique!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Oriettait »

your black work looks great! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
Lizzieh
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Lizzieh »

Some lovely stitching from you as always.
Liz


WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Beautiful! You are so good with all these different stitches. This sampler must be so much fun (and challenging) to stitch!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

Thank you :)

I've finished putting the fabric frame around July's Cottage. I've uploaded it to my blog but as there is a slight copyright issue with the text and image that I used to make it more 'British', I'm going to link to it rather than put the image on the forums.

It's the uncensored version this time too :wink:

Link here
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Borgessa
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:11 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Borgessa »

Love all your projects, the little cottages are awesome, the book to i'm interested to see how the pages are going to fit into the book. Its a really neat Idea :)
Image
User avatar
Juut
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Juut »

very beautiful
Current Wip:
Cut Thru Stable - Bothy Threads
Autumn Fairy - Joan Elliott
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I finally finished the last bit of part two of the Mystery SAL

Image

This is what the whole thing looks like now -

Image

I'm going to try to get part three finished next. It's not that big and it's mostly text so hopefully won't take too long. I'm changing it slightly to make mine the British version :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :wub: :wub: I love it!!! It looks amazing already, and I can't wait to see the next part of it!! Beautiful stitching :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: What a beautiful piece this has turned into and you still have a bit more to go. Lovely!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

:wub: :wub: :wub: Love it!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

That is super cute!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
kiwirach
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by kiwirach »

I'm loving this Carole, and cant wait to see what part 3 adds to the piece :wub:
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I'm not getting very far with the Mystery SAL at the moment. I haven't felt much like stitching as a tooth abscess and antibiotics are making me feel a bit off.

I did finish this recently though.

Image

Just four more to go and they'll all be hanging up together :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Post Reply