Squirrel's 2013/14 SAL Update 10/6/2014
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014
Those are great!!!!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014
I couldn't agree more! They are soooo lovely!karen4bells wrote:![]()
![]()
what lovely cards!!! Very nicely done!! ---love the double aperture one!!!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014
Karen that double aperture one is a ---- pain to get right or as I did there put in 2 separate pieces and hope like mad nothing frays too much.
Thanks for the lovely comments.
Thanks for the lovely comments.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014
Those are very nice card! 
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints

HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014
Beautiful work on the cards! And yes, I'm boggled by the double aperture one too... wow!

- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014
Here is a picture of my next start. It is called Fujian by Classic Embroidery. It is for my grand daughter Rebekah's 18th birthday in early January. It has 36,432 stitches so I had better get going.

Today it will be gridding - after I have machined the edges of course. Then I will start on the gorgeous border (which looks like a frame on the pic) has only 2 colours - a rich deep blue and an autumnal rusty/gold shade. All DMC, no silks to drive me nuts and I think all full x stitches again.

Today it will be gridding - after I have machined the edges of course. Then I will start on the gorgeous border (which looks like a frame on the pic) has only 2 colours - a rich deep blue and an autumnal rusty/gold shade. All DMC, no silks to drive me nuts and I think all full x stitches again.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
Oh wow that is so gorgeous!!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
It is going to look awesome! Glad you are starting it 
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints

HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
That will be beautiful!! Can't wait to see your progress!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
That's going to be beautiful!!
________________
Megan
wip's
Sirens of the Sea
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
Megan
wip's
Sirens of the Sea
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
I look forward to seeing this beautiful design developing. 
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
It's beautiful, what a lovely gift! 
____________________________________________________________________
Lisa
WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
Lisa
WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
Well I was all keen to get started on this one yesterday afternoon so got the threads out and a bundle of bobbins to wind on the threads, undid the first one from the floppy/flimsy cardboard it was on and
Its all precut into shortish lengths!!!!!!!! ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I loop start and doing that I can get between 20 -23 x in each length. No way so into my stash I dived and found almost all the colours. So onto the web and check out local shop, $A1.25 now so checked out Colours Down Underonly $A1 so ordered the ones I am short of plus extra of the 2 colours for the border.
Today I will make 3D cards as there is a stack of birthdays coming up.
I have written to Creative Needlework pointing out that for some of us those short lengths are a bit of a pain and offerred to return the threads to them as well. Will let you know what I hear back
I loop start and doing that I can get between 20 -23 x in each length. No way so into my stash I dived and found almost all the colours. So onto the web and check out local shop, $A1.25 now so checked out Colours Down Underonly $A1 so ordered the ones I am short of plus extra of the 2 colours for the border.
Today I will make 3D cards as there is a stack of birthdays coming up.
I have written to Creative Needlework pointing out that for some of us those short lengths are a bit of a pain and offerred to return the threads to them as well. Will let you know what I hear back
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- Kuschelschaf
- Posts: 518
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:17 pm
- Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
I'm sorry to hear about the pre-cut threads. I hate that too, as I tend to use the loop start. Good luck on starting this! I think the design is rather lovely 
Visit my new blog HERE
2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie
On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie
On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014
I have moved Fujian to its own thread. Easier to find!!!
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 3/5/2014
Well I am going to do something I seldom do and that is have 2 main pieces stitching more or less at the same time.
This morning at church it was announced that our Senior Pastor was leaving at the end of November rather than the end of February. So down to my stash I went and found a lovely piece of Jobelan 28ct and all but 1 of the threads needed to do the Praying Hands for him and his lovely wife.
I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.
This morning at church it was announced that our Senior Pastor was leaving at the end of November rather than the end of February. So down to my stash I went and found a lovely piece of Jobelan 28ct and all but 1 of the threads needed to do the Praying Hands for him and his lovely wife.
I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 3/5/2014
Grandma might be saying "one thing at a time" but we are saying "go for it, Sally!"Squirrel wrote:I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 3/5/2014
I agree it isn't as if you were planning on as many projects at one time like a few people I knowfccs wrote:Grandma might be saying "one thing at a time" but we are saying "go for it, Sally!"Squirrel wrote:I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.And Jobelan is such a pleasure to work with.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's 2013/14 SAL Update 10/6/2014
A very dear friend of mine in Melbourne father died at the weekend. Very fitting the date for a returned soldier from WW11 - he died on 6 June which of course was the 70th anniversary of the D=Day landings. Looked at a few of my charts and then came onto the forum and saw Mabel's beautiful Coral Cross.
So here is my version of Mabel's Coral Cross.

I am off to post it in a short while.! Thank you Mabel for a beautiful design which has endless possibilities.
Thanks for looking.
Edited to add if you click on it and the picture is much better on Photobucket than this upload.
So here is my version of Mabel's Coral Cross.

I am off to post it in a short while.! Thank you Mabel for a beautiful design which has endless possibilities.
Thanks for looking.
Edited to add if you click on it and the picture is much better on Photobucket than this upload.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262