Squirrel's 2013/14 SAL Update 10/6/2014

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014

Post by Rose »

Those are great!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: what lovely cards!!! Very nicely done!! ---love the double aperture one!!!
I couldn't agree more! They are soooo lovely!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014

Post by Squirrel »

Karen that double aperture one is a ---- pain to get right or as I did there put in 2 separate pieces and hope like mad nothing frays too much.

Thanks for the lovely comments. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014

Post by Oriettait »

Those are very nice card! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014

Post by tiffstitch »

Beautiful work on the cards! And yes, I'm boggled by the double aperture one too... wow! :applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 16/1/2014

Post by Squirrel »

Here is a picture of my next start. It is called Fujian by Classic Embroidery. It is for my grand daughter Rebekah's 18th birthday in early January. It has 36,432 stitches so I had better get going.

Image

Today it will be gridding - after I have machined the edges of course. Then I will start on the gorgeous border (which looks like a frame on the pic) has only 2 colours - a rich deep blue and an autumnal rusty/gold shade. All DMC, no silks to drive me nuts and I think all full x stitches again.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by Rose »

Oh wow that is so gorgeous!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: what a stunning design!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by Oriettait »

It is going to look awesome! Glad you are starting it :dance:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by rcperryls »

That will be beautiful!! Can't wait to see your progress!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
meganh
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Cary and Harkers Island NC

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by meganh »

That's going to be beautiful!!
________________
Megan
wip's
Sirens of the Sea
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
User avatar
Cecilia
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: England

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by Cecilia »

I look forward to seeing this beautiful design developing. :wub:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
User avatar
LD282
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:27 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by LD282 »

It's beautiful, what a lovely gift! :)
____________________________________________________________________
Lisa


WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by Squirrel »

Well I was all keen to get started on this one yesterday afternoon so got the threads out and a bundle of bobbins to wind on the threads, undid the first one from the floppy/flimsy cardboard it was on and :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: Its all precut into shortish lengths!!!!!!!! ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I loop start and doing that I can get between 20 -23 x in each length. No way so into my stash I dived and found almost all the colours. So onto the web and check out local shop, $A1.25 now so checked out Colours Down Underonly $A1 so ordered the ones I am short of plus extra of the 2 colours for the border.

Today I will make 3D cards as there is a stack of birthdays coming up.

I have written to Creative Needlework pointing out that for some of us those short lengths are a bit of a pain and offerred to return the threads to them as well. Will let you know what I hear back :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Kuschelschaf
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Contact:

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by Kuschelschaf »

I'm sorry to hear about the pre-cut threads. I hate that too, as I tend to use the loop start. Good luck on starting this! I think the design is rather lovely :)
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 25/4/2014

Post by Squirrel »

I have moved Fujian to its own thread. Easier to find!!!
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 3/5/2014

Post by Squirrel »

Well I am going to do something I seldom do and that is have 2 main pieces stitching more or less at the same time.

This morning at church it was announced that our Senior Pastor was leaving at the end of November rather than the end of February. So down to my stash I went and found a lovely piece of Jobelan 28ct and all but 1 of the threads needed to do the Praying Hands for him and his lovely wife.

I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9698
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 3/5/2014

Post by fccs »

Squirrel wrote:I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.
Grandma might be saying "one thing at a time" but we are saying "go for it, Sally!" :-) And Jobelan is such a pleasure to work with.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Squirrel's 2013 SAL Update 3/5/2014

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote:
Squirrel wrote:I can almost hear my grandmother saying "now Sally one thing at a time" but there just isn't time to do that so I will work on the Jobelan in the mornings whilst my eyes are fresh and pick up Fujian in the PM - at least that is the plan for now.
Grandma might be saying "one thing at a time" but we are saying "go for it, Sally!" :-) And Jobelan is such a pleasure to work with.
I agree it isn't as if you were planning on as many projects at one time like a few people I know :oops:. What a perfect gift this will be for your minister and his wife

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Squirrel's 2013/14 SAL Update 10/6/2014

Post by Squirrel »

A very dear friend of mine in Melbourne father died at the weekend. Very fitting the date for a returned soldier from WW11 - he died on 6 June which of course was the 70th anniversary of the D=Day landings. Looked at a few of my charts and then came onto the forum and saw Mabel's beautiful Coral Cross.

So here is my version of Mabel's Coral Cross.

Image


I am off to post it in a short while.! Thank you Mabel for a beautiful design which has endless possibilities.

Thanks for looking.

Edited to add if you click on it and the picture is much better on Photobucket than this upload. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Post Reply