Carole
Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Wow, you must have a magic needle to get so much done. It looks fantastic!!! I love the frequent pictures, so please don't stop sharing.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
I work at an answering service, it's small, four of us on first and second shifts, and 2 on third. It gets boring, and I can only play so many Android games before I get bored silly. Mondays and Fridays are our busiest days, so I don't generally get as much done on those days. Right now, we are shorthhanded on second, so have been staying over a few hours 2 or 3 days a week to help out check outs (when most offices close and give us their phone lines to answer).Pampam wrote:![]()
WOW, you are humming right along on this one. I love that you like to update often. Helps keep me motivated! Just wish I could stitch at work. You must have some fantastic job/boss. I looking forward to seeing more soon.
So yes, very easy job, love to read and cross stitch, so I am always doing one or the other between calls. Been here about 4 years now.
Actually, I feel very slow compared to others' picture updates ... I haven't hit the confetti yet in this picture, so it seems faster right now. Don't worry, once I get into the heart of it, I will notibly slower ... way slower ... confetti scares me some lol ... finding that out on my Fantasy Fairy ...fccs wrote:Wow, you must have a magic needle to get so much done. It looks fantastic!!! I love the frequent pictures, so please don't stop sharing.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Very well done, coming long nicely 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Think this is going to be gorgeous.
Strangely enough it looks like my Ozzie would if he had a bad trip.
Regards,
Richard.
Strangely enough it looks like my Ozzie would if he had a bad trip.
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Another picture. Haven't worked as quickly, so is taking longer than I expected to finish this page.

Tonight, after seeing all the pictures of tent stitching, I decided to try lol ...

Here is zoomed in. Using my new phone's camera.

I have severe hand tremors and the harder I tried to hold still, the blurrier the pictures became. This was the best of the lot.
Tonight, after seeing all the pictures of tent stitching, I decided to try lol ...
Here is zoomed in. Using my new phone's camera.
I have severe hand tremors and the harder I tried to hold still, the blurrier the pictures became. This was the best of the lot.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Very nice update, you are doing well 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
- millymolly
- Posts: 2703
- Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
- Location: Scotland
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Great update. I've never tried tent stitching 
Amanda =]
WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Great update!
For large projects (like my HAEDs) I prefer tent stitching on 28 ct fabric. Much faster and I get good coverage. I didn't discover that I could grid 28 ct fabrics until I get my Daylight Magnifier so I have some projects that are 1 over 1 on 25 ct. But that does provide some diversity in my stitching besides the non HAED projects.
I think the photo is very clear. and I am looking forward to more of them.
Carole

I think the photo is very clear. and I am looking forward to more of them.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
rcperryls wrote:Great update!![]()
For large projects (like my HAEDs) I prefer tent stitching on 28 ct fabric. Much faster and I get good coverage. I didn't discover that I could grid 28 ct fabrics until I get my Daylight Magnifier so I have some projects that are 1 over 1 on 25 ct. But that does provide some diversity in my stitching besides the non HAED projects.
I think the photo is very clear. and I am looking forward to more of them.
Carole
Not sure what you mean by gridding, unless you are talking about marking every 10 stitches. This is my attempt at 2 over 1 tent stitching (half stitch) on 32 ct linen. I think I might like it but need advice on colors. Might try page by page rather than 10 x 10 because it is so small ... might have 60 needles on here to hold each color ready and waiting lol! Right now it is easy because only two colors so far ... it will be a learning process for me, it has been years since I tried half stitching a chart, and that was on 14 ct aida lol ... rather easy ... I will try more tonight and see how I muster hahaha ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Good evening 
Progress, page 3 is complete! Just have to finish the ear on page 2, then can start on page 4


Sorry for the poor lighting. But it is nice to see it spread out lol
Edit to show ear progress:

Progress, page 3 is complete! Just have to finish the ear on page 2, then can start on page 4
Sorry for the poor lighting. But it is nice to see it spread out lol
Edit to show ear progress:
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Fantastic progress
can't wait to see more 
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Haven't stitched AS much the last couple of days, but here is my current progress. In this picture, I went from an 8x8 square qsnap to an 8x11, trying to find comfortability ...

And a bit of a close up:

Hoping, after laundry and other various chores, to finish 995 tomorrow and start to fill in the blanks.
And a bit of a close up:
Hoping, after laundry and other various chores, to finish 995 tomorrow and start to fill in the blanks.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- BizzieLizzie
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm
- Location: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
What an unusual design - I love it!!
Can't wait to see all the different colours being added in.

Sew many patterns, sew little time!
WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest
WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
great progress!!

--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints

HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
Good luck and hope you can add some colour soon. 
Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015
So not sure if you can tell, in person you can, but I started a new skein of 995, bought at the same time, same store, as the skein I just finished, and I would swear it is a darker color ... from the row with a blank stitch down ... tried taking a pic with flash and it was washed out so couldn't tell ... this is without flash:

So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras