Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great update and quick progress!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Pampam
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:10 am
Location: SC USA
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Pampam »

:applesauce: :applesauce: WOW, you are humming right along on this one. I love that you like to update often. Helps keep me motivated! Just wish I could stitch at work. You must have some fantastic job/boss. I looking forward to seeing more soon.
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by fccs »

Wow, you must have a magic needle to get so much done. It looks fantastic!!! I love the frequent pictures, so please don't stop sharing.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Pampam wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: WOW, you are humming right along on this one. I love that you like to update often. Helps keep me motivated! Just wish I could stitch at work. You must have some fantastic job/boss. I looking forward to seeing more soon.
I work at an answering service, it's small, four of us on first and second shifts, and 2 on third. It gets boring, and I can only play so many Android games before I get bored silly. Mondays and Fridays are our busiest days, so I don't generally get as much done on those days. Right now, we are shorthhanded on second, so have been staying over a few hours 2 or 3 days a week to help out check outs (when most offices close and give us their phone lines to answer).

So yes, very easy job, love to read and cross stitch, so I am always doing one or the other between calls. Been here about 4 years now.
fccs wrote:Wow, you must have a magic needle to get so much done. It looks fantastic!!! I love the frequent pictures, so please don't stop sharing.
Actually, I feel very slow compared to others' picture updates ... I haven't hit the confetti yet in this picture, so it seems faster right now. Don't worry, once I get into the heart of it, I will notibly slower ... way slower ... confetti scares me some lol ... finding that out on my Fantasy Fairy ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

Very well done, coming long nicely :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by richardandtracy »

Think this is going to be gorgeous.
Strangely enough it looks like my Ozzie would if he had a bad trip.

Regards,

Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Another picture. Haven't worked as quickly, so is taking longer than I expected to finish this page.

Image

Tonight, after seeing all the pictures of tent stitching, I decided to try lol ...

Image

Here is zoomed in. Using my new phone's camera.

Image

I have severe hand tremors and the harder I tried to hold still, the blurrier the pictures became. This was the best of the lot.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

Very nice update, you are doing well :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by millymolly »

Great update. I've never tried tent stitching :)
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by rcperryls »

Great update! :applesauce: :applesauce: For large projects (like my HAEDs) I prefer tent stitching on 28 ct fabric. Much faster and I get good coverage. I didn't discover that I could grid 28 ct fabrics until I get my Daylight Magnifier so I have some projects that are 1 over 1 on 25 ct. But that does provide some diversity in my stitching besides the non HAED projects.

I think the photo is very clear. and I am looking forward to more of them.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

rcperryls wrote:Great update! :applesauce: :applesauce: For large projects (like my HAEDs) I prefer tent stitching on 28 ct fabric. Much faster and I get good coverage. I didn't discover that I could grid 28 ct fabrics until I get my Daylight Magnifier so I have some projects that are 1 over 1 on 25 ct. But that does provide some diversity in my stitching besides the non HAED projects.

I think the photo is very clear. and I am looking forward to more of them.

Carole
:dance:

Not sure what you mean by gridding, unless you are talking about marking every 10 stitches. This is my attempt at 2 over 1 tent stitching (half stitch) on 32 ct linen. I think I might like it but need advice on colors. Might try page by page rather than 10 x 10 because it is so small ... might have 60 needles on here to hold each color ready and waiting lol! Right now it is easy because only two colors so far ... it will be a learning process for me, it has been years since I tried half stitching a chart, and that was on 14 ct aida lol ... rather easy ... I will try more tonight and see how I muster hahaha ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Good evening :)

Progress, page 3 is complete! Just have to finish the ear on page 2, then can start on page 4 :)


Image

Image

Sorry for the poor lighting. But it is nice to see it spread out lol :)

Edit to show ear progress:

Image
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Lulu22 »

Fantastic progress :applesauce: can't wait to see more :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by tiffstitch »

Beautiful!!
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Haven't stitched AS much the last couple of days, but here is my current progress. In this picture, I went from an 8x8 square qsnap to an 8x11, trying to find comfortability ...

Image

And a bit of a close up:

Image

Hoping, after laundry and other various chores, to finish 995 tomorrow and start to fill in the blanks.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
BizzieLizzie
Posts: 2029
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by BizzieLizzie »

What an unusual design - I love it!! :wub: Can't wait to see all the different colours being added in. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Wonderful progress. This is such a fantastic design. I am enjoying all your updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Oriettait »

great progress!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by tiffstitch »

Good luck and hope you can add some colour soon. :)
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

So not sure if you can tell, in person you can, but I started a new skein of 995, bought at the same time, same store, as the skein I just finished, and I would swear it is a darker color ... from the row with a blank stitch down ... tried taking a pic with flash and it was washed out so couldn't tell ... this is without flash:

Image
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Post Reply