1st Quilt Square for Son Finished!!!!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by Rose »

This week-end was cleaning for the house so very little time to stitch. But I did get some in.

This is the map finished for this portion of the square. In the next rotation I will start on the nutcracker.
Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by Carole »

That's smashing! I love all the little details :) :applesauce:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: That looks awesome!!! Your son is going to love it!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
19Roland19
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by 19Roland19 »

Fabulous.
Image
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by fccs »

I love it!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Really great Rose. Looking forward to seeing the next one. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by Oriettait »

looking great! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 4-6-15

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: Really great Rose. Looking forward to seeing the next one. :D
I agree!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by Rose »

I started the second part of the first square. As you can see the there are some specialty stitches at the top of the design. Well they would be fine if I was working on aida or evenweave but I am working this with waste canvas and that is a whole different donkey to ride. I worked and worked with it to get those leaves to come out right an they just would not cooperate, so I modified them and continued on.

Image

Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by Squirrel »

What a clever modification Rose :wub: it. You are so good at adapting/changing bits. :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by karen4bells »

Love the design and I love your modification!!! Very clever!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by fccs »

Squirrel wrote:What a clever modification Rose :wub: it. You are so good at adapting/changing bits. :whoop:
I agree!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by Carole »

I think I like your version better than the original :)

Also, I laughed out loud when reading your post. I've never heard that saying before - A whole different donkey to ride. I love it and shall be looking for ways to insert it into conversation now :lol:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by lavenderbee »

Oh what a lovely design. You have done well with the amount you have done Rose & as others have said, clever of you to modify stitches. Look forward to next update. He certainly is cute. :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by vanessanjf »

Lovely work, very clever of you to modify the stitches :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2

Post by rcperryls »

Carole wrote:I think I like your version better than the original :)

Also, I laughed out loud when reading your post. I've never heard that saying before - A whole different donkey to ride. I love it and shall be looking for ways to insert it into conversation now :lol:
I agree! Both about your version :applesauce: and the saying. :lol:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2 finished

Post by Rose »

Well the second section of the square is now finished. Just one more thing to add and this will be a finished square!!!!! :whoop:

Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2 finished

Post by Squirrel »

WOW :whoop: looking fabulous Rose. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2 finished

Post by Carole »

He looks splendid :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Part 2 finished

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Post Reply