
Evenweave help please
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Evenweave help please
Am going to make 2 cards. Have started one which is on evenweave & first time I have stitched on this. Can you please tell me if I have done it right from photo below. The fabric is soft & lovely to touch. Will not be able to replace Aida I have in my stash nor in kits but if I see any in charity shops in future I know to buy some. Thank you


lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Evenweave help please
yes you do seem to have it right from what I can tell although the last stitch in the second row is only over 1 when the other stitches are over 2 so you might want to correct that to make the stitches all the same size
personally I don't really like evenweave and have restarted my projects switching back to aida but its all personal choice and if you like working with it then carry on
though there is no reason you cant do different projects on different material so I wouldn't think about getting rid of stash though it is a good reason to acquire more 
personally I don't really like evenweave and have restarted my projects switching back to aida but its all personal choice and if you like working with it then carry on
Finishes 2013
HAED earth mermaid
WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)
HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
HAED earth mermaid
WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)
HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Evenweave help please
Thank you for quick answer. Yes the right hand one on 2nd row is supposed to be 3/4 stitch, you are very observant. It is only an easy card but wanted to get it right 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Evenweave help please
It looks fine except for two things: 1) that last stitch on the right on the bottom row is two threads tall, but only one thread wide (that's not a 3/4 stitch) and 2) you've started in the less than ideal hole. (I dont want to say the 'wrong' hole, but starting in a different place will make your stitches more stable.)
Look at the vertical and horizontal threads of the fabric. You want to have the bottom leg of the stitch in the hole that is above where the horizontal thread is on top and to the left of where the vertical thread is on top, like this:

If you start in the hole below where the horizontal thread is on top, like this:

the stitch isn't stable. The fabric threads can't hold the stitch in place:

This diagram doesn't show it, but the bottom slips, too. The top slips left and the bottom of the stitch slips to the right between the fabric threads.
Look at the vertical and horizontal threads of the fabric. You want to have the bottom leg of the stitch in the hole that is above where the horizontal thread is on top and to the left of where the vertical thread is on top, like this:

If you start in the hole below where the horizontal thread is on top, like this:

the stitch isn't stable. The fabric threads can't hold the stitch in place:

This diagram doesn't show it, but the bottom slips, too. The top slips left and the bottom of the stitch slips to the right between the fabric threads.
_________________________________________________________
WIP

WIP
Re: Evenweave help please
Good info in reply And illustration
Re: Evenweave help please
Excellent response, Allyn.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Evenweave help please
Thanks Allyn, never was aware of that.
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Evenweave help please
Thanks very much. Allyn the diagram is most informative. I had a feeling I was not doing it the correct way & that is why I asked. Can understand about the holes. 
Edit. Did put corner to corner stitch on the half or whatever you call it on 2nd row, right hand side.
Edit. Did put corner to corner stitch on the half or whatever you call it on 2nd row, right hand side.
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
- 19Roland19
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Re: Evenweave help please
Thanks for that info Allyn. Probably answers why sometimes I don't like how eaven weave looks....I did it wrong.
