Evenweave help please

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Evenweave help please

Post by lavenderbee »

Am going to make 2 cards. Have started one which is on evenweave & first time I have stitched on this. Can you please tell me if I have done it right from photo below. The fabric is soft & lovely to touch. Will not be able to replace Aida I have in my stash nor in kits but if I see any in charity shops in future I know to buy some. Thank you :D

Image
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
purgatory
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:07 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by purgatory »

yes you do seem to have it right from what I can tell although the last stitch in the second row is only over 1 when the other stitches are over 2 so you might want to correct that to make the stitches all the same size :D

personally I don't really like evenweave and have restarted my projects switching back to aida but its all personal choice and if you like working with it then carry on :ratherbe: though there is no reason you cant do different projects on different material so I wouldn't think about getting rid of stash though it is a good reason to acquire more :o
Finishes 2013

HAED earth mermaid


WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)

HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you for quick answer. Yes the right hand one on 2nd row is supposed to be 3/4 stitch, you are very observant. It is only an easy card but wanted to get it right :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
Allyn
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Contact:

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by Allyn »

It looks fine except for two things: 1) that last stitch on the right on the bottom row is two threads tall, but only one thread wide (that's not a 3/4 stitch) and 2) you've started in the less than ideal hole. (I dont want to say the 'wrong' hole, but starting in a different place will make your stitches more stable.)

Look at the vertical and horizontal threads of the fabric. You want to have the bottom leg of the stitch in the hole that is above where the horizontal thread is on top and to the left of where the vertical thread is on top, like this:
Image

If you start in the hole below where the horizontal thread is on top, like this:
Image
the stitch isn't stable. The fabric threads can't hold the stitch in place:
Image
This diagram doesn't show it, but the bottom slips, too. The top slips left and the bottom of the stitch slips to the right between the fabric threads.
_________________________________________________________

WIP
Image
Reta
Posts: 1185
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Warwickshire UK

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by Reta »

Good info in reply And illustration
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by fccs »

Excellent response, Allyn.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Tia
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by Tia »

Thanks Allyn, never was aware of that.
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by lavenderbee »

Thanks very much. Allyn the diagram is most informative. I had a feeling I was not doing it the correct way & that is why I asked. Can understand about the holes. :D

Edit. Did put corner to corner stitch on the half or whatever you call it on 2nd row, right hand side.
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
19Roland19
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Evenweave help please

Post by 19Roland19 »

Thanks for that info Allyn. Probably answers why sometimes I don't like how eaven weave looks....I did it wrong.
Image
Post Reply