The Wild Teasel is so realistic and great update on the porch, it's coming along beautifully.
Sina's stitches 2019
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Wonderful updates Sina
The Wild Teasel is so realistic and great update on the porch, it's coming along beautifully.

The Wild Teasel is so realistic and great update on the porch, it's coming along beautifully.
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Thank you all
As sitting in my stitching chair has proven to be quite painful I've been working on a smaller design. I can stitch it while sitting at my desk with my foot popped up.
It's goining to be a scissor keep, the design is by textile heritage and I'm going to fill it with real lavender flowers.
The front is finished, now onto the back!

As sitting in my stitching chair has proven to be quite painful I've been working on a smaller design. I can stitch it while sitting at my desk with my foot popped up.
It's goining to be a scissor keep, the design is by textile heritage and I'm going to fill it with real lavender flowers.
The front is finished, now onto the back!

Sina
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Small projects are so useful at a time like this!! They distract from the discomfort and help to pass the time! PLUS you have something at the end of it!
So pretty and it will be a useful addition to your work box!
So pretty and it will be a useful addition to your work box!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Such a pretty design, and I hope it's proved a good distraction!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Ooh that's lovely, I thought it looked familiar, I have a similar textile heritage Lavender coaster and a Lavender sachet too, they are lovely, aren't they. It will be lovely with dried Lavender inside.
I hope it's proving to be a distraction for you.
Still sending healing vibes your way.

I hope it's proving to be a distraction for you.
Still sending healing vibes your way.
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Thank you!!!
I finished my scissor keep, no to finish it!

Not a good photo, will have a better one once finished.
I finished my scissor keep, no to finish it!

Not a good photo, will have a better one once finished.
Sina
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
It will be wonderful with Lavender inside. I can almost detect the lovely scent.
Well done, it's lovely
edited because the smilies had a fit and put cake instead of a round of applause
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Thank you!!!
I was able to work a little more on my Front Porch this weekend. My foot doesn't have to be put up at all times anymore so I can now more easily sit at my cross stitch stand.
Nearly finished all the backstitching now, not much more left.

Now that my scissor keep is finished I also started a new "in-between-project" I can work on while waiting at the hospital etc. It's a little viola wreath by LKE.

I was able to work a little more on my Front Porch this weekend. My foot doesn't have to be put up at all times anymore so I can now more easily sit at my cross stitch stand.
Nearly finished all the backstitching now, not much more left.

Now that my scissor keep is finished I also started a new "in-between-project" I can work on while waiting at the hospital etc. It's a little viola wreath by LKE.

Sina
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Oh Sina, that porch looks so inviting I would like to sit down on that chair and stitch please.
The Quilt looks so cosy I would like to unfurl it and get under it, although maybe not in the 28c heat we have today in North Wales!
I love your in-between piece too, just the right size for taking out and about.

The Quilt looks so cosy I would like to unfurl it and get under it, although maybe not in the 28c heat we have today in North Wales!
I love your in-between piece too, just the right size for taking out and about.
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
I'll second everything that Carole says!!! Absolutely beautiful stitching!!rcperryls wrote:![]()
Love your updates and especially glad to hear that your foot is healing!!!
Carole
![]()
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- fuchsiafairy
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am
- Location: Wales
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Very pretty, love the quilt one, very colourful & nicely worked. Backstitch making come alive.

Polly 
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Great news that your foot is healing and letting you get back to the lovely Porch design. Love your scissor keep and now the new, 'carryout' out project too. A lovely update

Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Thank you everyone!!
Have been working on the wreath piece and on my crocheting. I'm doing mostly Amigurumis now, little and cute animals. My friend visited me on Saturday and "ordered" one of me, so she's going to get a cute penguin wearing a scarf and hat. Might distract me from this heat.
Have been working on the wreath piece and on my crocheting. I'm doing mostly Amigurumis now, little and cute animals. My friend visited me on Saturday and "ordered" one of me, so she's going to get a cute penguin wearing a scarf and hat. Might distract me from this heat.
Sina
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Those little crocheted critters are fun aren't they. A Dutch friend of mine makes them and did a sweet little dog for my youngest G'daughter.
I cannot get the tension right with crochet! It's always too loose so those tiny critters would end up HUGE!!
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
There is!
I found a cute little one on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/2445449 ... in-pattern" target="_blank
Just look at that little beak
Oh and I also found this adorable badger
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/5701780 ... p-header-2" target="_blank
I think both of them will end up on my hooks eventually
I found a cute little one on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/2445449 ... in-pattern" target="_blank
Just look at that little beak
Oh and I also found this adorable badger
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/5701780 ... p-header-2" target="_blank
I think both of them will end up on my hooks eventually
Sina
Re: Sina's stitches 2018
Wow, Sina, what a productive recovery you are having! So glad that your foot is healing now
I just love your Lavender scissor keep and your porch is just wonderful!

I just love your Lavender scissor keep and your porch is just wonderful!
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell