Sina's stitches 2019

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Garnet »

Wonderful updates Sina :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

The Wild Teasel is so realistic and great update on the porch, it's coming along beautifully. :applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
sapphire
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Location: middle of N.Wales

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sapphire »

very nice, unusual :applesauce:
Maddie :)
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you all :wub:

As sitting in my stitching chair has proven to be quite painful I've been working on a smaller design. I can stitch it while sitting at my desk with my foot popped up.

It's goining to be a scissor keep, the design is by textile heritage and I'm going to fill it with real lavender flowers.
The front is finished, now onto the back!

Image
Sina
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by wendywombat »

Small projects are so useful at a time like this!! They distract from the discomfort and help to pass the time! PLUS you have something at the end of it! :whoop:

So pretty and it will be a useful addition to your work box! :applesauce:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Such a pretty design, and I hope it's proved a good distraction!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Garnet »

Ooh that's lovely, I thought it looked familiar, I have a similar textile heritage Lavender coaster and a Lavender sachet too, they are lovely, aren't they. It will be lovely with dried Lavender inside.

I hope it's proving to be a distraction for you.

Still sending healing vibes your way.

:hug:
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for your projects and lots of wishes that you heal soon!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you!!! :wub:
I finished my scissor keep, no to finish it!

Image

Not a good photo, will have a better one once finished.
Sina
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Garnet »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: ooohhhh, Sina that is beautiful and such lovely neat even stitches too.

It will be wonderful with Lavender inside. I can almost detect the lovely scent.

Well done, it's lovely






edited because the smilies had a fit and put cake instead of a round of applause
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: very pretty!

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you!!! :wub:

I was able to work a little more on my Front Porch this weekend. My foot doesn't have to be put up at all times anymore so I can now more easily sit at my cross stitch stand. :whoop:

Nearly finished all the backstitching now, not much more left.

Image

Now that my scissor keep is finished I also started a new "in-between-project" I can work on while waiting at the hospital etc. It's a little viola wreath by LKE.

Image
Sina
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Love your updates and especially glad to hear that your foot is healing!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Garnet »

Oh Sina, that porch looks so inviting I would like to sit down on that chair and stitch please.

The Quilt looks so cosy I would like to unfurl it and get under it, although maybe not in the 28c heat we have today in North Wales!

I love your in-between piece too, just the right size for taking out and about.

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote: :applesauce: :applesauce: Love your updates and especially glad to hear that your foot is healing!!!

Carole
:dance:
I'll second everything that Carole says!!! Absolutely beautiful stitching!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
fuchsiafairy
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am
Location: Wales

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by fuchsiafairy »

Very pretty, love the quilt one, very colourful & nicely worked. Backstitch making come alive. :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Polly :)
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by Squirrel »

Great news that your foot is healing and letting you get back to the lovely Porch design. Love your scissor keep and now the new, 'carryout' out project too. A lovely update :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

Thank you everyone!!
Have been working on the wreath piece and on my crocheting. I'm doing mostly Amigurumis now, little and cute animals. My friend visited me on Saturday and "ordered" one of me, so she's going to get a cute penguin wearing a scarf and hat. Might distract me from this heat.
Sina
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by wendywombat »

:thinks: wonder if there is an Amirgurumi Puffin?

Those little crocheted critters are fun aren't they. A Dutch friend of mine makes them and did a sweet little dog for my youngest G'daughter.

I cannot get the tension right with crochet! It's always too loose so those tiny critters would end up HUGE!! :doh:
User avatar
sina28
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: South-West of Germany

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by sina28 »

There is! :whoop:
I found a cute little one on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/2445449 ... in-pattern" target="_blank
Just look at that little beak :wub: :wub: :wub:
Oh and I also found this adorable badger
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/5701780 ... p-header-2" target="_blank

I think both of them will end up on my hooks eventually :D
Sina
User avatar
poppy
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Post by poppy »

Wow, Sina, what a productive recovery you are having! So glad that your foot is healing now :D
I just love your Lavender scissor keep and your porch is just wonderful! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Post Reply